ECLECTICFindsLTD
Inspiration Seeker

STAR SELLER PROGRAM RESTRICTS BUSINESS

Sellers who have been awarded the STAR SELLER award by Etsy receive special advantages.

How is it that when a customer asks you not to respond to them, we get penalized on the star seller program for doing as they ask? Then, it takes months to regain our SS status. I  communicate well upfront to my customers, as a service to them, so most of the time they don't have to convo me with questions...which reduces my monthly messages.

Why should a peer Technical Review manage issues with the SS program? If Etsy wanted to model good customer service, why do they not respond when we have questions about their programs? Instead, we get off put to a peer group to vent. That appears to be an unfair business practice to me.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: STAR SELLER PROGRAM RESTRICTS BUSINESS

Exactly what special advantages do Star Sellers have?

5 Likes

I would to know as well, I have the star sellers badges, and don’t have anything special that comes with it

5 Likes

I wish they just get rid of the whole Star seller saga.

It is not fair, it is often faulty, there are sellers who have an outstanding customer service & items who can never obtain it.

Meanwhile some questionable shops have the star seller status when they are breaking about every rule going.

also did no one sit back when designing this faulty addition and think "what if people started just using the initials" seriously Etsy?.. number one rule, always check what people shorten the name to

6 Likes

@NanaLetha 

The only advantage I read was that if you are a star seller your shop won't be put on a reserve. But I'm not sure how true that is. 

1 Like

I would like to know that also.  I have had it continually in both of my shops since it started and I sure ain't getting any "special advantages"!.

2 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

"How is it that when a customer asks you not to respond to them, we get penalized on the star seller program for doing as they ask?"

Why would a customer message you and tell you not to respond?  That is really odd.  But there is a simple solution:  Mark the message as spam.  If it's a Help Request where you need to respond, a simple "ok" would do.  Of everything out there, whether you respond or not, send it to spam or not, it is totally in your control.  

7 Likes

If a customer asks you not to respond then just mark the message as spam. Then it won't count against you. 

2 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

@ECLECTICFindsLTD  Send the buyer an appropriate emoji.  Those special perks are well worth replying.

1 Like

What special perks?

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

There are no Star Seller benefits that will help your sales.

By now buyers are aware that Etsy gives resellers and counterfeiters that same Star Seller Badge as long as they ship their goods and answer your convos.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.