Restock notifications issue

I have restock notification option turned on on all of my active listings.

However, I noticed that they (I thought) randomly turn off. But it appears it is not randomly, but it only happens to the listings that I renew or edit (for example if I edit number of items in stock) via Sell on Etsy app.

So if I renew or edit listing via desktop computer, eveything is ok, but if I am away from desktop, and I have to edit or renew item via Sell on Etsy app, in 100% of cases, if I check that listing later on my computer, it has "restock notification" option turned off, so I have to turn it on again...

Is there a posibility that you somehow fix this issue in Sell on Etsy app. I don't have this option visible when edition items on app, so either make it visible, or make it so that editing listing in app doesn't affect the restock notification status...

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
15 Replies
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Re: Restock notifications issue

I did make a random check through my shop and my renewal requests are all intact. However I don’t use the Sell on Etsy app to make any changes. (It functions so poorly I don’t use it for anything except shop updates. I’m on my iPad at the moment, and I just use a regular browser.) 

Note that you can bulk edit and change the renewal request status for all of your listings at one time (well, all listed, all sold etc.)  The workaround will not take much extra time at least. (But still, a pain!)  Just to be safe I would do it through a regular browser 😐

I hope you get it worked out quickly! 

0 Likes

Renewing through desktop is not a problem, it works totally ok, if it wasn't clear from my original message, I am sorry, my english is not very good. I also know how to use bulk edit, etc, but that doesn't solve the original issue...

The issue exists only in Sell on Etsy app, which is a big problem for me, because I am away from my desktop most of the day, but I would still like to be able to renew some of the sold out listings on my app, when they sell out, without having to wait to get back to the desktop... (thus without scewing up restock request setting.,,) I am using android app, I don't know if the same problem exists on iphone app.

0 Likes

Yes, I have the same issue and hope this can be fixed as soon as possible.

I have a few requests on some of the sold out variations yesterday when I checked my listing manager via my desktop, but the restock request was turn off and the few requests were gone after I edited the listing via the Sell on Etsy app. 

0 Likes

Sell on Etsy app on Android has many issues, and it is strange that there are no more complaints about them, at least not here in forums. Maybe most people use iPhone app, and maybe that one works better than android app (I know people in USA don't use android phones that much)

0 Likes

@WillowSouvenir 

Mine is an iPhone and is having the same issue, figure the restock request is not ready on the Sell on Etsy app? 

1 Like

Yes, on my app they still haven't added restock notificaion setting, so theoretically editing listing through app shouldn't affect restock settings, but it does, by turning it off...

0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

@WillowSouvenir  So the restock request disappears when you renew through the app?

In other words, the restock request was intact in the current listing, and then disappears when you work with the listing through the app? 

(Your post just reminded me to make sure that the restock request is “on” for all of my items. It took about 10 seconds. I bulk-edited all of my current listings, all of my past listings and all of my draft listings to add the restock request.)

If your complaint is about the app, we have been complaining about the app ever since it came out that it is not very good. They have made some improvements on it, but it is still not as good as using the regular website. I am beginning to wonder if it ever will be. Certain things I just cannot do on the app, period. 

If I were in your shoes while waiting for Etsy admin to address it, the workaround is to add in the restock request for all of my items, 10 seconds, about once per week.

0 Likes

Yes, that is what I do, I either bulk edit on desktop, or edit the listings later on desktop that I knew renewed during the day via my app. But that doesn;t solve the bug, there are workarounds, but that is not what I ask the admins to do, to help me with workaorunds, I know to do that myself (I find workarounds all the time with many issues on Etsy!), but I am simply writing to emphasize and let them know that there is this problem in their app, and that they should add it to their list of bugs. But whatever and whenever I write here, I haven't gotten any replies from admins so far (since the new forums launched). But I guess more than 1 person really have to complain about some problem in order for them to at least accknowledge the issue, this one probably isn't one of the bigger ones, especially because it is only issue with Etsy Plus accounts...

0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

@WillowSouvenir 

One of the best things about the app is how easy it is to report issues there! If you report it they have to take notice.

More -> Feedback -> “Here” (orange link)

Be sure to follow all the instructions, and copy the case number for future reference...

1 Like

Thank you, I will try that

0 Likes

Contacted them 3 weeks ago, still no reply whatsoever

0 Likes
WhatTheBuckle
Inspiration Seeker

I'm SUPER dissapointed in this as well! I went to add new stock on several sizes that were out and noticed every one of the items had restock turned off. I'm not sure where More -> Feedback -> “Here” (orange link) is but I'm going to join the troops and report this!

@WillowSouvenir wrote:

I have restock notification option turned on on all of my active listings.

However, I noticed that they (I thought) randomly turn off. But it appears it is not randomly, but it only happens to the listings that I renew or edit (for example if I edit number of items in stock) via Sell on Etsy app.

So if I renew or edit listing via desktop computer, eveything is ok, but if I am away from desktop, and I have to edit or renew item via Sell on Etsy app, in 100% of cases, if I check that listing later on my computer, it has "restock notification" option turned off, so I have to turn it on again...

Is there a posibility that you somehow fix this issue in Sell on Etsy app. I don't have this option visible when edition items on app, so either make it visible, or make it so that editing listing in app doesn't affect the restock notification status...

@VintageMaineia

1 Like

Seems they haven't fixed it yet, as I am having this same issue.  How annoying!

0 Likes

I'm having this issue as well. Very annoying to find out when it was working well and I was getting requests but then they just stopped entirely and people weren't able to sign up. 

1 Like

More than 3 years later and STILL NO FIX... AND a fee increase!!!! Etsy should be ashamed!!!!

Considering to cancel my plus subscription... 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.