Report Message Reponse Rate Bug Star Seller

Last month (April 2024) I received a message from Etsy out-of-the-blue to say they were sorry but my Message Response Rate was wrong and that it would be resolved.

Since the fault was a system fault I would be a Star Seller for May. However, on 1st day of May I noticed my Message Response Rate had gone down even further to 90%!  Which will impact on my shop. Please, please will the technical department fix this bug.

Thanks, Marie, VintageByGaslight.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Report Message Reponse Rate Bug Star Seller

However, on 1st day of May I noticed my Message Response Rate had gone down even further to 90%!

It would because a whole month dropped out of the stats when the review period changed and it is now showing the stats for the current review period for June's badge.

You did get Star Seller for May, so it looks like they honoured what they said.

0 Likes

Hi, I have 100% every month. Never missed a message! It was Etsy who sent me a personal email admitting it was their fault not mine. I lost 18 days as a Star Seller through no fault of my own and the same is happening this month.

0 Likes

Since the fault was a system fault I would be a Star Seller for May. 

You are a star seller for May, you have all 3 badges, and the star seller badge

0 Likes

The point is I actually earned the Star Badge for May anyway. Then on the very 1st day of May I somehow was marked down to 90% !

0 Likes
WHICHDECO
Inspiration Seeker

message response rate inaccurate star seller

My store has 8 reviews. Why does it say 6 reviews in the star seller rating? Only 1 of them has shifted to may and the others are old months.

I have the same problem can you help me

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@WHICHDECO go to your star seller stats page in the shop manager and click on the tab which says - Last Review Period. This will show you a breakdown of all the metrics used to assign star seller for May.

It looks like you did not meet the average of 4.8 required for reviews within the last 3 months.

1 Like

I wish I could help you. All I know is that I received a personal email out of the blue from Etsy saying they were sorry and that it was Etsys fault not mine. It's almost impossible to get someone to help a seller. So I'm back where I started with another 'glitch' which I expect will of being a Star Seller in the next round. Etsy is hurting itself  as well as the sellers when these things go wrong so I hope the Techical Bug people sort this out soon. I suppose I was lucky that someone in Etsy contacted me which is appreciated.

0 Likes

Sorry I wish I could help you. Maybe they will contact you as they did me. I hope this gets sorted out soon for you.

0 Likes

Yes, the OP needs to check the current review period stats - which will be March, April, May.

The current May badge/star was based on February, March, April. The messaging issues started some time in March.
Etsy has very recently emptied many shops' spam boxes. 

What happens if the CSV shows a message that is suddenly no where to be found?
Depending on when a shop first experienced the problems associated with messages being automatically sent to spam, I'd guess it's possible some shops may be dealing with this again for the June badge/star & possibly even July's badge/star?

Yes, it is nice to see Etsy was able to correct the OP's stats. I'm just wondering if this entailed doing the required tech stuff to ensure everything is reset or if it was a "manual over-ride" & the problem hasn't gone away? 

3 Likes

Thanks for your imput.

I wish I knew. I must say I wa suprised I got an email from Etsy. I think you are right - the glitch has not yet been fixed.

0 Likes

Is this related to a message that Etsy put in your spam folder? It's possible that they manually fixed the problem for May, but then let the system auto-calculate again (incorrectly) going forward.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.