MissMonogram
Inspiration Seeker

Renewal status changed

My listings are always created with manual renewing checked so that I can re-evaluate them if htey haven't sold when they expired. I've just noticed that a number of them had automatically renewed so I went to check: about half of my listings have been switched to Automatic renewal. I just had to spend an hour re-setting them to Manual. This is not the first time it's happened.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Renewal status changed

Yes this happens, has always happened.  Every now and then I remember to bulk edit all my listings to put them back on manual renewal.  Can select all of them and just do it in one go.

Little box top left above listings "select 750 listings" or however many you've got.

Then "editing options"  and "change renewal options".

1 Like

It helps to bulk edit regularly  ( once a week or so depending on your shop) to avoid the gremlins slipping through.  Life used to be simple!

0 Likes

It happens to me too but it drives me crazy as I have over 1600 active listings in my shop. Why can't those settings be left alone?

0 Likes

Because Etsy suffers from FOMO.  Every day we dither over relisting is a .20c loss.

1 Like

it happens to me sometimes, too. Frustrating. Every now & then I go through my entire list to be sure that they are all set to manual.

0 Likes
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

Yep, random gremlins, lol. I chuckle, but it is frustrating. I had a bunch of items somehow get set to "housewarming". I find some I missed fixing every once in a while. I mean sure, they could be given as housewarming gifts, but I didn't select it for the listings. 

0 Likes

The default is always checked for automatic for me - occasionally I miss "unchecking" but try to keep an eye out for the tiny text when looking at my overall listings page.    Just one of those little annoyances if you don't use the Etsy default.

1 Like

Rif.: Renewal status changed

I have a couple of listings that I had decided to take down once I ran out of time and they are still there.
I was beginning to doubt myself.
Thank you for letting me find out that I am not crazy.

0 Likes

If you are renewing AFTER a listing expires, as opposed on the day they expire, way at the bottom of the box telling you how many items you are renewing is a box that checks by default switching those listings to automatic renewal. Very easy to miss even on my large screen laptop.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.