Removing shop updates

Hi,
Is it possible to remove all of my shop updates (still visible on my shop front on PC)?

With the old app gone, I cannot add more pictures.
But they are still visible in my shop and they look a bit old and unprofessional now. (My last one is 11 months old)

Just to confirm (based on my last customer service chat):
No not the shop announcements
No not the the social media shares
The shop update feature used to be available from the old app.  They are between the reviews and About section on my front page 

Thanks a lot in advance!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies
BlaqKat
Conversation Maker

Re: Removing shop updates

Not sure if you can but mine have vanished. I don't remember removing them (but honestly my memory is shocking). But they are just not there any more and I see some other peoples updates still are.

2 Likes
irmaKdesigns
Conversation Maker

@BlaqKat You made me look at mine. They're gone too! Good riddance. 

PS. Your shop members are so ADORABLE!

1 Like
BlaqKat
Conversation Maker

@irmaKdesignshow strange that some people's updates have gone and others havent

aww thank you. Your lulu is so cute!

1 Like

Etsy has discontinued Shop Updates - only done through the old "Sell on Etsy" app.  The newer Etsy Seller app (blue icon) no longer has the option, so those that still have old Shop Updates showing have no way to edit or delete them.  Etsy has been removing them, on what schedule, is anybody's guess.  Mine disappeared about a year ago.  I guess you could try to contact Support - either thru the Help Center links, or Chat, if you have that option, and ask to have yours removed.

Some people liked them, some didn't - obviously those who liked them were the ones that used the feature!

2 Likes

Yes, I tried to talked to them. They did not know what it was at all.
After a long chat they just said not possible to remove it.

But if they just disappear for some shops it must be somehow.

I'll keep trying. 

0 Likes

Do you mean shop announcements?

I just updated mine, using a computer (not the phone app). Settings/Shop Info and Appearance and edit or remove the announcement. I just did this and it worked the way it has for quite some time. 

0 Likes

No, not the announcements.  The updates was a feature from the old Etsy app.

1 Like

I actually contacted Etsy about this same thing last week.  I was told the only way to remove them would be with the old app, that no one has anymore.  They said they would look into it and see if there was a way to manually remove them.  A few days later they did get back to me and told me that they don’t have a way to remove them at this point. I told them thats just crazy, and we’re all going to end up with years old updates, and it just doesn’t make sense since I’ve seen other sellers in the forums say that theirs have randomly disappeared. 

2 Likes

It is very strange. 
They must be able to it from their side.

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

@TopOfThePassJewelry I had the same runaround story... with both my shops.

so frustrating!

3 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

I have heard that they just vanish a year after the last one although mine vanished within a month of Etsy doing away with the old app.  Try to ignore them.  They will eventually go away.  Don't waste your time contacting Etsy, they won't do anything.  They probably don't have a clue as to how to make them go away.

1 Like

My last one was posted over a year ago and mine are still there.

1 Like

@NoFrogsAllowed Oh that is promising! Fingers crossed

0 Likes

Maybe since they got rid of updating the "Shop Updates" section, they'll just do a complete removal of that section from all shops in the future

1 Like

Maybe they would have to remove the updates section from each shop individually one at a time and what a headache and expense for them that would be! 

1 Like
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

Weird, my updates are still showing but only one update now, it used to be 3 seasonal updates that looked so stupid. I keep getting the run around from Etsy on this. Still have an open ticket but they never do anything!

0 Likes

I've contacted Etsy several times about removing Shop Updates from my homepage. Once I get past a lengthy explanation of what I'm trying to accomplish (providing screenshots, Etsy telling me to try the app, me explaining it's not possible in the new app, Etsy trying to convince me the Shop Announcement is the same area--no it's not!), they put me on hold to speak to a manager and return to advise there's nothing they can do but escalate it to their "Technical Team" who will reach out to me. I've tried to resolve this about once a month since last summer. It's basically the same conversation every time, over and over. Etsy has never followed up and I'm still stuck with 10+ month old updates on my homepage. So frustrating!

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.