Redirecting Domain Name to ETSY

Hello - I have been trying to redirect my domain name from Shopify (I am cancelling it) to my ETSY shop.  It is now (and has been) "parked" at BlueHost.  Bluehost told me it was hosted by Shopify so I disconnected it per Shopify instructions.  It looks like it is all set up now in Bluehost to point/redirect my domain name to ETSY but it is not happening.  I did talk to BlueHost and they said they needed the DNS numbers, name servers etc.  But, ETSY does not give that out.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?  Thank you!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Redirecting Domain Name to ETSY

I don’t use BlueHost but they say “If you are not hosting with us or only have a domain name, you will need to redirect your domain name by updating the DNS.”

It’s unlikely to obtain DNS from Etsy due to both security and complex setup reasons. 

You can buy a cheap host from UeHost and then redirect with .htaccess or index file. 

Alternatively, see if you can find a different provider that allows domain redirect without hosting if there is any and then transfer your domain to them.

0 Likes

Re: Redirecting Domain Name to ETSY

Domain registration records show your domain is registered with FastDomain Inc so the domain registrar will be the one to redirect the domain where you want it not the hosting company. They just receive what you send to them form the domain registrar.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.