ReCapta(?) and trouble signing in

I just spent 30 minutes trying to go from one of my shops to the other when doing the Recapta. I am having this issue everyday where I have clicked on all the pictures and yet it takes me to a new picture over and over again. I usually can get in if it is the one with several pictures that you have to click on the item vs the many blocks that may contain a portion of an item in each but today even those wouldn't work right. It would also help if the pictures were clear and not blurry. Why do you have to go through all of this just to switch from one shop to another?

If I am using the app, I only have to click on switch accounts. Why can't it be the same on the site?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
3 Replies
CoolCyberCats
Conversation Maker

Re: ReCapta(?) and trouble signing in

There may be a bad cookie on your browser. Try either clearing your cache/cookies OR open an incognito/in-private browser (that starts you cookieless) and see if that works.

0 Likes

Sorry to hear you are having this difficulty - captchas can be frustrating. Rather than signing in and out, maybe try signing in to each shop in a different browser and stay signed in. I do this with one shop on Firefox and the other on Chrome. I don't use the Chrome shop currently, but this made things far easier for me when I had two active shops.

0 Likes

I had that problem a couple of weeks ago and it was relentless and on all 3 of my shops.  Etsy said it was because I didn't accept cookies.  I had my computer guy fix that and it didn't work.

Come to find out, it was the internet provider's problem - they came out fixed some wiring and lo and behold, I have not seen the Captcha since then.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.