Random duplicate listings showing up in my OOAK shop

This is crazy…I now have duplicate listings showing up in my shop. All of my OOAK listings are set to manual renew..I’ve double checked and items have only been renewed once. Yet, somehow, there are two of the same item showing in my shop each with different expiration dates. This has happened twice now with two different listings, since Etsy reinstated a listing after falsely accusing me of counterfeiting. This may become problematic if I don’t have the materials to make more than one. Has this happened to anyone else?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Random duplicate listings showing up in my OOAK shop

@DivineCrossings  I looked thru each Section in your Shop. And I didn't see duplicates (desktop computer, Chrome). You may have already removed them, but that is definitely weird (the duplication). 
I'm so glad Etsy re-instated your listing. It would peeve me off to no end to be falsely accused of something.

1 Like

@ChillwolfArt @I did already delete the dupes because I’m running a little low on the beads I used to make the piece. It was preemptive… in case there was the one-in-a-zillion chance that the listing sold, I’d didn’t want to be caught with my pants down (so to speak lol).

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Do the duplicated listings have the same listing ID? (check the url)

I wonder if there's a bug where the deactivated listings get duplicated as well as reactivated. If that is the case then who is paying for the second listing? Check your finances breakdown. Etsy may owe you fees back.

2 Likes

@Amaradorn @Yup…doesn’t seem to have been charged. But the expiration dates were different…so odd! Unfortunately, I deleted the duplicate…didn’t even think to check the listing ID (face palm). 

0 Likes

@DivineCrossings  - This thread earlier in the week:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/170-items-in-my-shop-and-only-163-are-showing-And-som...

While I wasn't quite sure which problem the OP of the thread considered to be more important, they did mention that they were seeing duplicates of some listings in their shop. It could be a glitch that disappears or somehow tied to the shop manager?

1 Like

@JMOldeVintage @I’ll check out that link…thanks! It only started after Etsy erroneously pulled a listing, claiming counterfeit. That listing was reinstated after review, but this issue seems to coincide with that reinstatement. Someone (I think it was @SmudgePlant) noticed another duplicate in my shop earlier in the week. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.