CarolesCosies
Inspiration Seeker

Put on a sale shows active but isn’t .Stopped sale and redid it same issue this has gone on for days

I put a sale on from 2nd July I had a customer send me a message an item I had at $130 was showing up at $102 .

I then  checked and my sale was showing active but it wasn’t .Shut the sale down and put it on again same result .

now it is the 11th of July and still nothing done or any answers to what on earth is going on. Etsy be honest with your sellers .Seriously thinking of closing my Etsy down .

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Put on a sale shows active but isn’t .Stopped sale and redid it same issue this has gone on for

I see “eligible for 20% off.”

To see the eligibility I have to click on a listing, scroll down to see sale terms… which is 20% off if you spend $50.

Is that what you set up? Or what’s the problem?

0 Likes

Re: Put on a sale shows active but isn’t .Stopped sale and redid it same issue this has gone on for

You do have a sale showing.   Under each listing it says ''eligible orders get 20% off''.  Hovering over that blurb, it reads spend $39.37 (I'm in the US) to get 20% off.   

Also in each listing, there's info under the ''view shop policies'' button that says ''view sales terms and conditions''.  However, clicking 'view sales terms' shows a pop out ''Sale details

Order must be over $50''

Obviously, the $50 is Canadian $, but I guess it could cause confusion for others.   Was the buyer from the US and possibly seeing the conversion rate? 

0 Likes

@CarolesCosies: Sorry, but not sure we understand what your issue is. "I put a sale on from 2nd July ... an item I had at $130 was showing up at $102" If you put your item on sale then the customer can buy it for less. "Shut the sale down and put it on again same result ." If you end a sale early and then start a new one on the same item(s) it will continue to show as on sale (at the sale price) If you have conditions such as minimum order size then that will apply.

1 Like
CarolesCosies
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you but my sale says Active but isn’t .tried deleting it and starting again same situation.

one customer has bought and his discount showed as a coupon .Looking at my shop no sale or coupon details show.

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@CarolesCosies 

If you want to see the sale price displayed on your listings you CANNOT set a minimum.  If you set a minimum it says eligible orders get x% off.  

Before when I looked at your shop all items were on sale.  Now the sale has been removed.

0 Likes

@CarolesCosies: All sales on Etsy are displayed on the order as a coupon with the name you selected for the sale (i.e. Coupon: 20230711E10RNGAA303 (10% off)).  Your shop home page shows "Eligible orders get 20% off" under the listings so you must have a condition, such as minimum order, on your sale. The sale price will only show if there are no conditions on the sale.

0 Likes
pantre
Inspiration Seeker

Hello,

I am  having the same problem, the sale that I am running isn't showing up with the discount.

I have deactivated and reactivated my items, and have also cancelled and reentered the sale again but the 20% off sale prices aren't showing up?

0 Likes

@pantre: It appears that the sale is not showing up on either or shop or the listings. Are you sure that you have the correct start and end dates for your sale and have selected which listings are to be on sale?

0 Likes
pantre
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for the fast response.   Yes, the start and end dates are correct and all of the listings are selected and it shows that it is active.

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@pantre 

You have at least one coupon for your shop.  Are you sure you set up a sale and not a coupon.  Coupons do not show in your shop.  The buyer has to know the code to get a discount.

0 Likes

I had a customer yesterday who was telling me she bought two rings the day before and never got her discount. I wasn't haven't a sale when she bought them.

She was pretty rude and kept going on about how it was showing 20% off, even though I showed her Etsy screenshots of the list of all my sales, and there was none active that day at 11am, and the one I had in the evening was for 12% off. 

I think something is glitchy with Etsy sales. I assumed it was her cache, but it sounds like Etsy is just buggy. 

1 Like

I believe something is glitchy I'm receiving similar complaints that my discounts are not showing or discounting correctly. The problem is my customers are confused, and trying to get a screenshot to send to Etsy is extremely difficult when my customer is stressed

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.