Proof Pesky Favourites Popup scares customers off !!

OK. So I reopened my shop in February and don't have a ton of listings, so it was very easy to check my favourites.

My stats show that for this year I had 46 favourited items. When I go to my listings page there were only 15 favourites remaining. 

Way to go Etsy...annoy the hell out of potential customers with your continual popups until they remove the item they favourited.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
15 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Proof Pesky Favourites Popup scares customers off !!

That's not the only reason why someone would unfavorite (though it could be). I unfavorite things when I buy something (because I was comparison shopping). I also unfavorite if it was something similar that I have and wanted to monitor it for tags, or see what it sold for. 

Some people might favorite with an intention to copy or to report.

Remember that favoriting is the only way to bookmark anything on etsy, so it's used for a variety of reasons. A favorite is not always an intention to purchase.

However, I wholeheartedly agree that the popups are horrible!

7 Likes

@VintageRescueSquad  everything you say is a possibility. I personally only had two favourites saved for a coming new grandchild and the popups annoyed me that much that I unfavourited them.

6 Likes
VogueVixens
Community Maker

It is pretty bad, I added ONE favourite last week, and the pop-ups about it are coming up constantly. 

12 Likes

I have removed favorites because of the pop ups. I wish they would stop cheapening the site. 

22 Likes

Honestly it feels like people are removing things from carts quicker for this same reason. That or the fact that Etsy has trained people to put things in their cart in the hopes of a discount offer being sent

11 Likes

That's what I'm finding too. I have multiple customer items in carts, then slowly they remove them, more than usual, so I think its the popups.

I actually do the same thing. I shop and add items to my cart for later (so may beautiful gemstones out there....), then end up removing them because I can't search anything else without a pop up every page I go to. It's so annoying and makes it harder to search. Makes a really lousy shopping experience for customers. 

4 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

many ways to "favourite":

- favourite the good old way on etsy

- add to your cart -  "Etsy has trained people to put things in their cart in the hopes of a discount offer being sent" as mentioned by @JosephinePainting is indeed a reality.

- bookmark the url into a browser folder.

- screenshot the page and save it as a jpeg or whatever - some devices / formats will even remember the page and take you back there on a click.

2 Likes

Etsy's constant pop-ups, cart / favorite discounts, make an offer, etc,  have cheapened this site to a garage sale level.  

When are they going to open their eyes and see how this direction is ruining the platform that we as  dedicated sellers have built for them?

Please, flush before leaving...................

9 Likes

I think the favorites pop-up is a test. I favorite stuff all the time and I haven’t seen it. I’ve seen the cart one and the coupon ones, but never the favorites one, so I must not be in the test.

1 Like

@MirageRiverCreations ..you are very lucky! It drives you nuts. I hope it is an unsuccessful test and doesn't end up permanent.

8 Likes

@MirageRiverCreations Thank you for letting us know! I pray this test is a big fat fail!

6 Likes

I've never seen that pop-up, either, and I have lots of favorites here and on my buying account. 

2 Likes

I see the popup all the time. It’s annoying but hasn’t caused me to unfavorite the item. If anything, it makes me realize how much I really like it but I honestly have no use for it! lol

0 Likes
Sassydoggs
Conversation Maker

I have stopped adding favorites.  If one pops up, I remove the heart immediately.

4 Likes
VogueVixens
Community Maker

Wow, STILL happening, every time I look at a listing, a Pop Up happens for the item I favourited 2 weeks ago!!!

Even when I look at OUR OWN individual listings, we get the pop up.

It is relentless, annoying, surely this would driven potential customers away???? There is such a thing as moderation when programmers are designing these types of reminders, they should be able to set the frequency much lower.

1 Like
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

I'm not getting them any more today. 

2 Likes
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

Same. As of today, 30-April-2024

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.