Processing Times customers get does not match my Shipping Profiles

Jump to solution

The processing times in my shipping profiles in my shop are 2-4 days. The processing times on the notification Etsy sends to my customers shows processing times of 0 - 4 days. When I set up my shipping profiles I used a "custom" number and not the set numbers that where in the drop down menu. Whey do they not match? I do not want customers to think that I can made a personalized product in 0 days.  This is misleading.

Anyone else have this happening? Is it a glitch?

PS.... I am a longtime shop owner with over 68,000 sales so please do not suggest that I do not know how to set up my shipping profiles :0)

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Processing Times customers get does not match my Shipping Profiles

Jump to solution

Hello! It looks like you responded to an older thread. In this situation, we encourage you to start a new thread with your question so you receive a more up to date response. Our community members would be more than happy to advise you, give you information or support. We’re closing this up. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies

Jump to solution

My shop has 1-2 days shipping and everything from 2-5 days are showing up for orders to be completed.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PrettyPictureGiftsCo 

When I look at your listings it shows the etsy estimated dates but when I hover over the 'order placed' bit it says "After you place your order, PrettyPictureGiftsCo will take 2-4 business days to prepare it for shipment.".

I wonder if it's showing 0-4 vs 2-4 in the notification etsy sends buyer is due to the push for the estimated delivery dates set up they have been doing recently. Like are they putting 0- x number of days on everyone with the x being the max number of days set in processing time. hope that made sense ...it made sense in my head lol

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for going in and checking my listing! At least that matches... sheesh.  But the customer getting the notification of 0-4 is weird. If it was from their push for the estimated delivery dates, then the dates would be short. This is not good, but I get what you are saying :0)

Are you able to go into one of your "you made a sale" emails and see if it is happening to yours too?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PrettyPictureGiftsCo 

I just looked at all my order emails from the past couple days and none of them have a ship by date on them. But that may be due to me resisting the whole estimated delivery date set up nonsense. Sorry I'm not much help. 

Edit to add- major Duh on my end sorry. I just saw the ship by date in the email subject line haha My processing time is 1-2 weeks which is much longer than most orders take but I like the wiggle room and the date it says to ship in the subject line is exactly 2 weeks (14 days). 

1 Like
NickiesNest
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yes, I saw the same thing.  My profiles all are set to 1-2 or 1-3 days, and they show in the listings as 0-2 or 0-3.  Annoying!

0 Likes
MinxouriVintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Pretty sure I’ve read this complaint before in the forums  and it’s etsy being overly optimistic that you might get it out same day like as in hey anything possible.   Also yes they are using it to calculate possible arrival  dates.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I make personalized items so it is very optimistic for my products to get out the door the same say LOL. If they are using it to calculate arrival dates.... then the arrival dates will be too short. No wonder I am getting messages from customers about "where is my item".

0 Likes

Jump to solution

So you have seen this posted already? I must have used the wrong search terms... uggg. So it is something that has gone on for a while now?

0 Likes
MinxouriVintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I currently have 3-7 days in dif shops to accommodate the workflow in my handmade shop.   But same day happens. So for me I guess it could catch some buyers by surprise if they didn’t do it this way.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

all my items are set to a shipping profile that says 3-5 days but for one listing it is reflecting 1-3 days when i look at the order info.  cannot figure out why

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Someone was having the 0 issue the other day. They used profiles.  I use calculated and have a couple profiles set up that I rarely use. It seems more accurate for me to add actual weight and dimensions as my items vary and I do get multi item orders. If they were all similar sizes profiles would make more sense to me. I set  the processing time in the listing and shipping estimates for some bizarre reason  (Etsy) are in the profiles area of our shops. To edit you have to go to your shop  push the pencil to edit and scroll down to policies  and edit and save there in the shipping estimate area. I trust nothing on Etsy to stay the way I  set it..things just randomly change from time to time.  The other day the banner on my packing slip just disappeared for awhile.  It came back later but when it did that in my handmade shop a couple years ago it just went poof and never returned! Etsy...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

UPDATE: I sent in a request to support and they replied back that there is clearly something wrong, so they will get back to me. Yahoo! :0)

2 Likes
SewModStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Let us know what they say.

0 Likes
TheOrangeCove
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I had mine set for awhile on 2-4 days and saw a lot of emails sent when I made a sale saying 0-4 days. I thought I had made an error. But I had not. I just ended up ignoring it. Glad you are getting help with it.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Well it's mid-2022 now and I'm still seeing the issue soooo I guess they never fixed it!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have had customers (quite a few!) send me screenshots of their est delivery date and it is BEFORE their order is even due to ship! For example, she shows est delivery of May 5-10. My order for her shows it is due to ship in two days. So HOW in the world am I supposed to go back in time and deliver it 2 days before it's even supposed to ship! ETSY, this is causing issues, please fix it!!! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello! It looks like you responded to an older thread. In this situation, we encourage you to start a new thread with your question so you receive a more up to date response. Our community members would be more than happy to advise you, give you information or support. We’re closing this up. Thank you!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.