Problems with listings

For some reason after I re-do a listing and re-post it the description doesn't show. I have restarted my computer, re-opened Etsy, but nothing seems to help. Is this on Etsy's end of things?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Problems with listings

You may be in the user based test where the Description is moved onto the Left side, under Reviews.  Etsy was doing this before, and I thought they stopped.  But Sellers are reporting seeing this again. If you are indeed in this test, that is where you'll find the Description. Not in a good place either; Buyers will wonder where it moved to.

I hope this helps you.

0 Likes

Thanks – it does! I am also using the old listing method. It just goes faster for me than the new one which I just don't particularly like. Maybe they are trying to force the issue!

2 Likes

@RetroLovern  Interesting point you make about using the former listing format rather than the new one. Same thought about punishment for using it,  crossed my mind, too.  I've yet to read any seller that likes the Item Details on the right side below the reviews. I'm taking a wild guess, but if Etsy programmers are working on the listing right side  (for what?) they move the description/item details so its not lost or corrupted, while the programmers do what they do, however its not happening with all shops.  I'm just trying to make sense of something that doesn't make ANY sense, especially without an explanation from Etsy.  

1 Like

Exactly!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.