penstroke
Inspiration Seeker

Problem with the Etsy site. Please help!

Problem with the Etsy site. Please help!
Hello. My store was blocked and I don't understand why, because I didn't violate anything. I'm sure this is some kind of mistake. In the support service, they give me only automatic answers. I need the help of a living person. Please help me. My store AlmondArtStore (https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlmondArtStore?ref=seller-platform-mcnav) is my small business that helps me live in Ukraine.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Problem with the Etsy site. Please help!

Your shop is not blocked.

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

self deleted... it is clearer below.

more coffee is needed. Happy Friday!

0 Likes
BlaqKat
Conversation Maker

Your shop is not blocked. Are you sure you didn't get a message from a scammer rather than Etsy stating it's blocked? (make sure any messages from Etsy are in the FROM Etsy folder) - which may not be visible in the app.

1 Like
penstroke
Inspiration Seeker

0 Likes

@penstroke   Is what you were selling in the shop a duplicate of your other shop?  Are the shop totally different.  Etsy closes shops if the subject of the shop is no different from another shop owned.

I see one is wallpaper and the other was supposed to be prints?  Do either shop have items from the other in them?
Are your posters designed by you or vintage posters?  You or someone in your shop must be the designer of the posters.  

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Looks like you were selling reproductions of paintings done by others! That explains it all.

1 Like
penstroke
Inspiration Seeker

I sold only those reproductions of paintings that are allowed by the rules, that is, those artists who died more than 70 years ago. Is this right?

0 Likes

@penstroke 

Just because something is that old it does not mean that it is free to use. It can still be under IP protection by a company, museum or estate.

Etsy’s rules state  that you can only sell items YOU handmade, actual vintage items (not reproductions of vintage items), and craft supplies. 
It sounds like that shop didn’t adhere to those Terms of Use.

4 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

AlmondArtStore is currently not selling on Etsy - which means your shop has been suspended. 

Check your email inbox (inc. Spam/junk) to see if Etsy told you what policy you have violated.

0 Likes
penstroke
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks for the information, but Etsy did not tell me the reason for blocking the store.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@penstroke there are many reasons why a shop will be suspended. The problem is it's very difficult to file an appeal unless you identify why it was suspended - so you can correct the issue. Your shop will not be reinstated if it was closed due to IP infringement.

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115015672628-How-to-Reinstate-Your-Suspended-Account

0 Likes
penstroke
Inspiration Seeker

I did not receive any messages or notifications that I had violated any rights. That’s why I’m outraged that no one wrote to me about the reason for the problem and blocking.

0 Likes

@penstroke: Putting aside any possible Intellectual Property issues, you do not mention anywhere that you are personally printing the wallpaper so it makes it look like you are potentially only reselling - which is not allowed. If you are having someone else print "your" designs, then by Etsy rules you need to list them as a production partner. Was this also possibly an issue with your other shop?

There is great debate in this forum about how consistent Etsy is in sending informative eMails about their reasoning when deactivating listings or suspending shops, but reading between the lines it is rather clear than they do not consider support requests from shops they feel are breaking the rules as a priority.

0 Likes

your store is not blocked it looks perfectly fine

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

"You don't have to block it and it's perfect" - what exactly does that mean and who is you?

0 Likes

I wanted to say that your store is not blocked it looks perfectly fine because I can see it

0 Likes

@ropakima: The original post is about a different shop, not the account / shop that it is being sent from.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.