Previous Chat not closing

Hi,

I have a previous chat that didn't close and now I can't start a new one Both chats are for technical issues and now my chat is a technical issue. 

Please help

Thanks

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
12 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Previous Chat not closing

It took me a long time a few days ago to close out chat. I finally found a down arrow that closed it.

0 Likes

Same here my chat from yesterday wont "End" its closes, but when I go to start anew chat the old correspondence is still there.

2 Likes

Same problem here. I need to access Etsy live chat and cannot on desk top or app. A long long repeat thread for feedback and l have no arrow to get rid of this long long thread to access chat. Any help out their please?

3 Likes

Someone in another thread said that is how it is supposed to work now--sort of like messanger. you just start typing a new message  so eventually I guess you get a long string of "chats". I really am no help as I have only used it once and they were pf no help--it fact everything was so stilted I am pretty sure I was talking to a bot!

Just thought I would mention that tho as I did se it posted a few days back.

0 Likes

I don't think that's accurate. It looks like a glitch. Still no update on this.

5 Likes

Why is it so hard for Etsy to help us

3 Likes

I hit the down arrow and it closes it but nothing changes when I ask for live chat again or try to engage. NADA happens

2 Likes
PoochandTabby
Conversation Maker

The previous chat stays there and not sure if it's a bug or not, but I typed in phrases like "customer service" "help" or "speak to an agent" and I was able to restart that chat prompts and speak to someone again for a new issue.

0 Likes

I just had the same issue. Even Etsy support tried to tell me I didn't understand that the old convos stay there now and i had to say I'm not STUPID-I understand how the new system works and the previous rep did NOT close the chat. After the rep again tried to tell me what I was not understanding here I finally had to say "look-you can see the 150 times I typed HELP in the last 4 days after the last rep. I tell you what-why don't' I type HELP again for the 151st time and you can wait on the phone until someone answers ok? I hope you have 3 days free to wait...." The support rep closed out the chat manually right then. NOW it's working. Request phone help and do NOT accept no for an answer. And no-the down arrow just hides the chat box-it doesn't FIX anything.

5 Likes

@QuirkyAntiquesStore  How did you get a call??  How can we get on a phone call with Etsy? I thought they took that whold option away

0 Likes

@Gemologies call backs are only available for some issues at some times, depending on staffing levels. 

1 Like

@Gemologies  Someone posted a few links to the phone number on another thread. Now to ME the links kept telling me they were broken, moved or uh oh-something went wrong. Out of frustration I kept hitting submit despite the error messages and managed to get 3 call backs...one of the links was this one. 

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling&fbclid=IwAR3XJULkao3ZPR8XcOEf2A7143n87Xt...

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.