Policy Violation "Errors"

I have the same 2 listings that keep getting flagged and suspended by Etsy for violating the 'handmade" policy. These items are definitely handmade by me. I have contacted customer support and every time they say, "we've determined that these listings were suspended in ERROR. Your listings have been reinstated and should be searchable on Etsy within the next 20 minutes. Occasionally listings that meet Etsy policies mistakenly get caught up within the systems that we have in place to protect the safety and security of the marketplace. While we are unable to share further details, please know we are continuously working to improve the accuracy of these systems". " Well, only a few days or weeks later the same exact listings are flagged AGAIN for the same policy violation. This has happened over 5 times in the last 2 months. I have now received an email I will no longer be able to earn the Star Seller Badge because of theses violations and if I have 1 more violation my account will be suspended. This is all happening because of there "errors" and removing my listings. This is not my fault! I have not violated any policies. Why is Etsy saying it was an "error" but not removing this policy violation from my account? Now it is near IMPOSSIBLE to get customer support to do anything about this. All I get from them is that it has been "escalated" while I am sitting here losing my Star Seller Badge for no reason and my account is in jeopardy of being suspended for their "errors"! ETSY PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM! You have ruined my Etsy store at no fault of my own.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
7 Replies
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Re: Policy Violation "Errors"

I'm sorry to hear that but there is no fighting the machine. One side doesn't know what the other is doing. After it happened the 2nd time I would not have relisted it. Remove them now and take new pictures for new listings. You could try pushing through to etsy support to get the marks removed from your account but anything beyond basic questions that are answered in the handbook is rather hard to get. 

3 Likes

@aMAYSEingDesignCo: As @digitaldoodlebug says, there does not seem to be any communication or coordination between department A and department B. That you are being punished for false deactivations is wrong.

However, there is obviously something in your listings that keeps triggering the bots. Unfortunately Etsy will not share exactly what that is, but you can thank the unscrupulous sellers for that secrecy.

1 Like

Have you done a reverse image search of the items Etsy keeps removing and re-instating?
Very possible they also might be on other sites (or on Etsy) and that is why they keep getting removed.

If the items getting removed are like these 2 items below that I found that could be the problem, image recognition is finding the other pictures of very similar items to yours.  

I found your rubber chicken earrings on Walmart, sold by a seller in OR ($3 more than your earrings).
Very similar pictures even showing them being held.
The earrings look exactly the same. 

On the graduation disco balls, are you adding charms that you buy to those grad cap disco balls? 
Just curious since you mention you buy these balls "pre-made".

If you're purchasing a pre-made charm and adding it to the cap, then it's considered handmade by Etsy.
I did find a very similar item on Etsy.

2 Likes

I buy the disco balls pre-made, then attach the tassel, grad hat, charm, and hanging cord. I just don’t make the disco balls and have made buyers aware of that as a responsible seller. The rubber chicken earrings are “charms”. They are attached to a jump ring and ear wire by me. I make these items by hand….handmade.  

0 Likes

On the chicken earrings, I'm seeing the same identical item on Walmart.
If this other seller on Walmart is making these same earrings, then it looks like they're using identical materials to make them.

If you're buying all the pieces to make the earrings and adding the tassel/charms to the balls then yes by Etsy standards handmade.

BUT if the 2 items you keep having removed are showing up on other sites like the chicken earrings or graduation cap ball are, then that could very well be the problem and why Etsy doesn't think you're making these items.

What were the 2 items Etsy keeps removing and adding back saying it was an error?

Do a reverse image on those 2 items to see if any show up on other sites.
If they do, then that could very well be why Etsy keeps removing them then later adding them back to your shop.

1 Like

maybe its because some of your items appear on amazon walmart and other sites!

1 Like
PWOriginals
Conversation Maker

While you are handmaking these items, although with readily available charms and supplies, and there are other online shops using the same materials, you could be plagued with these bot removals multiple times over several listings. I checked on a few of your listings, and there are exactly the same or similar everywhere.

As a shop owner, and if Etsy keeps doing this, you'll have to decide whether to stop making items that are available elsewhere on the internet, or take another route, regardless of how successful you've been selling them on Etsy. Good luck!

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.