Please report to Etsy with screenshots!

The chosen (Best photo, the product itself in whole) isn't always displayed in search results! This is a CRUCIAL TECHNICAL ERROR! Photo number 2,3 4 etc are detail photos! -They obviously do not attract customers!!!!!!!! Us vintage sellers are loosing tons of revenue, meaning you are too Etsy!!!!!! 

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Re: Please Etsy! CRITICAL! Don't show other photos than the chosen 1st in search results!

@DaysofYoreTreasures yes I have this video also in my dashboard, incredible! just gobsmacked really!  someone seriously needs to look into this

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Re: Please Etsy! CRITICAL! Don't show other photos than the chosen 1st in search results!

years spent working on seo etc and jumping through hoops to do things the etsy way, for what?  

3 Likes
swatchoclock
Conversation Maker

Just when you think you've seen it all. I just checked this with a search for my own items and some items have just the first word showing for the title and a ridiculous photo showing which does not make sense. As a potential customer I would scroll on and be like 'WTF'. This is simply insane.

6 Likes

Me too, I have pics of my packaging, the back of a few necklaces & headpieces! Well done Etsy, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse here!

2 Likes

Does Etsy have any idea how unprofessional the site looks? What a hot mess of photos - it's ridiculous.

Methinks this is a tech error and has to do with installing the new slideshow feature. It's not set up to grab the first static image.

They roll out features w/o perfecting them ALL the bloody time - the app and listing form are prime examples. Honestly, sometimes I feel this company is run by teenagers who have no thought of the consequences to its sellers. Shame on you Etsy for jeopardizing our livelihoods. We are your customers.

11 Likes

Yeah, what the hell is up with this?? this is complete BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We pay and spend countless hours taking pics, editing listings......this is FRAUD!!!!!!!! 

1 Like
MaryFeywood
Inspiration Seeker

O this is horrible! In almost all my listings, the last photo is an example how the envelopes look you can order together with the cards. When I type in my shop name in the Etsy search, almost 40% seems to be that last envelopes sample picture! I will remove that photo till things get back to normal. What a mess!

1 Like
MaryFeywood
Inspiration Seeker

Just had a chat with an Etsy employee. He said: - It is a temporary, also you can try to clean cache. Or use a new browser. -

So not much of a help as shoppers will see this feature/bug. He could not give a time when things will get back to normal (if ever).

Ugh. I have no time for this.

4 Likes

Just spoke with etsy chat, wow that was awful.  She dismissed there being any problem at all!  Incredible, she gave me a link to share with any potential customers if they are having a problem purchasing, WHAT??!! how on earth do I know who these people are??  Wow,  Serious misunderstanding going on there.  I highlighted in detail the problem yet she still kept dismissing there being any problem despite me showing @SCANDINAVIAMODERN  screenshots of pictures of my packaging as main image.  Like @MaryFeywood was told to clear cache etc etc. May fix my end but how will potential customer know to do this.  

So yesterday I was told a glitch from an etsy chat rep, and today told there is not a problem.  2 days in a row showed screenshots.  Why are etsy not taking this seriously?

5 Likes

Seems like result pages are normal again!! Do you still see it?!

Yes the SO CALLED  SUPPORT VIA CONTACT ETSY is a JOKE! I have gone trough 4 tickets  with f.. bs auto replys like clear your browser type of sh..

The CS dep are random people, hired by etsy. I f hope! Because they are unbelievably dumb/incompetent!!! Ask to get contacted by someone! 

Latest I heard was this: 

"It's sounds like you are experiencing an issue our engineering team is looking in to. I have added this ticket information to their investigation"

Great. Investigation, what the f are they doing in that dep. Investigations on their own fuc.. ups! 

Just asked for an update.

NOW I SEE SOME OTHER BS!! SHOWING CATEGORIES ABOVE SEARCH RESULTS!! NOTHING LIKE THE THUMBNAILS BUT ALSO A FU.. UP!

0 Likes

I just noticed it now when searching my shop on etsy. They used some of the  detail photos and then some photos I take to show the hanging hardware on the back of my art pieces and it really wasn't pretty. I hope they go back to showing only the first photo because those other photos aren't meant to draw anyone's eye in to make a buy!

0 Likes

Just remembered this same thing happening actually on another handmade site in the UK.  beginning with an F.  Anyway yes main images all were replaced with other images, all was fixed within hours.  

0 Likes

I just searched "carved foam pumpkins" rather than show the different faces and designs available, 80% of the listings were of the back showing the clip on light that comes with it. There is zero situations where this makes sense. Another etsy fail.

1 Like

This mess is great for those sellers selling notebooks. There are a lot of photos in search now of open books showing lined or blank pages, not the actual cover! There is no way these sellers are going to make a sale because buyers won't be bothered to delve deeper into the listing to see what the cover actually says. These sellers have paid a listing fee for these items and, in a lot of case, have paid ads. As Etsy has ensured that these products won't sell, they should be legally obliged to refund the sellers the listing fee, as well as any ad fees. Etsy, as a platform, is a complete disgrace.

2 Likes

Ok so just received email from etsy and they made it clear it is a TEST!  So unsure what to do, my pics being used are mainly packaging.  Wondering if I should delete all packaging images for now.  This is a horrible test

2 Likes

What next? ... It is just incredible that anyone would consider this a good thing to test. Is there a one upping competition of bad ideas from the test team?

3 Likes

I'm going Crazy!!!!

Now a new idiotic test!!!

Searched for "cubism painting"

First thing on the result page is different categories 

Clicked "oil painting "

OF FU.. COURSE YOU LAND IN OIL PAINTING category with no relation to cubism!!!!!

I'm so tired of this! Who the f.. do they hire in that engineering f department?! Monkeys?!

TRY FOR YOUR SELF WITH YOUR PRODUCTS! 

HERE WE GO AGAIN REPORTING! PLEASE DO SO TO...

0 Likes
VibeEnvy
Conversation Maker

I went looking for some of my items to see if they at least populated into search at all yet. Some halloween tees listed like a month or so ago. I know huge saturated market, but figured with a couple or few months some of them might actually be visible and maybe make a couple extra sales for the halloween season. To my surprise in the search i did my listing was actually already in there, of course like page 12 or something, but it was there.... and it was the main photo i have selected...

But the photo is zoomed all the way out as far as it will go and you can't see the details of the shirt. This crop/zoom does not match any zoom/crop i've ever done... it's just ignoring all thumbnail/cropping and showing the whole image causing what i cropped/zoomed in on to be shrunk and details hard to see and basically doesn't look sellable.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.