Plaid Is Making Me Insane

I've tried to verify my account with Plaid both instantly and manually. When I use "instant", I can't get anything on the phone number they choose and they don't give me the option of another number. When I use "manual", I give the routing and account numbers and it tells me they're wrong. I've spent so much time and energy working on this, I'm tired of it. And there's no one to contact to ask specific questions. It shouldn't be this difficult! I'm closing up shop because I just can't deal anymore. Plus, it sucks to force us to use a third-party company for our finances. I know it's supposed to be secure, but nothing ever really is. I think Etsy could have done a better job of this.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Plaid Is Making Me Insane

For manual , enter the account number ONLY in the first box. You enter the routing number later in another box. 

0 Likes

You may need to juggle the routing or account numbers.  Check to see what your routing number is and the account.  Some have had to add the zeros and others have had to remove zeros.

I had no trouble with instant.  I don't recall using a phone number.  Are you wroking on the app or computer?  Using a phone?  Maybe a computer would be better?  

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

I still see your shop as open.

Yes, they could have done a better job. Better support would have been nice. But you can say that about Etsy in general at this point.

How To Close Your Etsy Shop

3 Likes
blzopbhi
Community Curator

Contact your bank and ask them what the full account/routing numbers are. You might have to explain that Plaid is not permitting the numbers on your checks or account statements to be used.

Sellers are not being forced to use a third party for financial transactions, only for account verification. But be careful - do not use the automatic/instant method because when you give them your bank account password anyone with access to it can do anything you can do. Hackers CAN get the information no matter what Plaid says.  Use the manual method.

2 Likes
BadgerBre
Inspiration Seeker

I didn't even touch the instant verification, as it feels straight up illegal to give ANYONE my username and password.

I had no problem submitting for manual verification. Except that my small deposits never came. It's been two weeks. I verified with my bank, nothing showed up. I've been resolved to close shop, I wasn't very big anyway, but thought I would try a different bank I'm willing to use. Except since it wants the deposits that never came, I can't cancel or re-enter anything for a new bank linkup. Guess the last chance has come and gone for Etsy.

3 Likes

What ended up being the problem for me was that I have a bank account that's about 35 years old, so the number was not the amount of characters that was needed. I had to add a zero to the front to fix the problem. 

1 Like

@pixiebell 

Same. Live chat support told me to add 6 zeros to the beginning of the account number. Oddly it was only an issue in one of my shops (this one) but all 4 shops use the same bank account and the other 3 had no issue with verifying without adding zeros. Others in the forums have had luck adding just 5 zeros etc. 

@HateMyself4LovinYou 

See if you can get on with live chat support or just try adding 6 zeros to beginning or 5 zeros etc. 

1 Like

Thanks for all your responses. I'm going to close up shop anyway, as I haven't sold anything in a quite a while and having to pay the renewal fees is now costing me money. All good things come to an end.

0 Likes

how do i contact someone at Esty to get help?  My problem is I can't verify my account number with Etsy in order to change anything or do the manual Plaid verification.  deposits are working, but the accounts at my bank don't match my account numbers last 4 digits in Etsy.

where is Esty seller support?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.