Pinterest Posts going to etsyUK though I'm the USA

As the title says this has been happening for about 10 days. Etsy support says they can't replicate the issue even though I sent them a screen shot. My store is set to the USA. Logged in and out. Tried an incognito window. Ebay posting to pinterest works fine. Funny thing is, both my etsy stores are doing this. I'm not even sure it matters actually but given the difficult sales environment (for me anyway) I'd prefer that at least my social media marketing is working correctly...

Anyone else have this issue? Any know reasons why? Fixes?

Thanks...

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
21 Replies

Re: Pinterest Posts going to etsyUK though I'm the USA

Same issue for me. I was wondering why too! 

0 Likes
MulherinLane
Conversation Maker

Glad to see people posting about this in the forums today. I noticed this issue yesterday and couldn't find anything said about it in the forums. It is annoying...especially seeing as how Etsy has their own Pinterest account for the US. 

0 Likes

There was a previous thread about this recently that I cannot find in search. It appears that if you use the Etsy Social Media tool an additional Etsy follow us link is being inserted behind the scenes. This does not appear to happen if you post directly to Pinterest. Also. some of the listings (through the Etsy tool) seem to insert "Shipped By and Sold By Etsy" into the pin under more information.

2 Likes
MulherinLane
Conversation Maker

@BagmakerSupply  I tried 3 different methods of pinning my Etsy listings yesterday (manually, not using the Etsy social media share tool) and all of them are still showing up "Etsy UK". Also, a work around for it not showing "ship by and sold by Etsy" (so that the pin shows that its coming from your shop name) used to be to manually pin by uploading your listing photo and using your listing url with adding your shop name in the listing URL. That used to work but now when you do that, it show's that the pin is sold by "insert shop name" but shows up as "sold out" on Pinterest. Etsy is trying to take away our own shop's branding... like how the big box store that start with a W acts like they have all of these products in stock and really they are being shipped to the store or to you from another company but branded as "W".

2 Likes
OrnamentBoutique
Conversation Maker

Yes, I noticed a few days ago. There were a couple of threads about it but they got buried quickly. All my pins, even old ones now show EtsyUK. I pin directly from item listing page, not the app. I contacted Etsy by chat and they told me it’s a Pinterest problem and to take it up with them. I sent a help request thru Pinterest two days ago but so far have only received the generic “someone will get back to you” email. My guess is this is happening to anyone posting from Etsy and it’s just going unnoticed. Anyone who has this happening should notify Pinterest, if enough people alert them maybe they will look into it. (Hopefully they don’t give the same answer Etsy did and say it’s not their issue).

0 Likes

I've also sent a help request to Pinterest. 2 infact. I received the automatic "someone will get back to you" on both of them, and today, 6 days later, I got an "I'm sharing this with the appropriate team." I'd like to believe this is a problem that they will get around to fixing. I find it very misleading.

1 Like

At least it's not just me! Not that I wish the problem on anyone else but it was driving me crazy. It makes it look like I'm based in the UK. I'll let you know if I find anything out. I now have an email conversation going with etsy support.

1 Like

@MulherinLane    Very odd - none of our pins from yesterday have been taken over by Etsy, but some (not all) of our older ones have been. We do virgin posts direct to Pinterest, not using the social media tools or from any Etsy page. I think I know what the difference in the posts is but we need to test, although I am also afraid to post what we think it is for fear that Etsy will "fix" it.

0 Likes
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

About 2 weeks ago I tried to pin & got the error banner over & over.  I tried just now & yes, it's pinning to Pinterest/UK.  I'm in the US.

0 Likes

I have that too.  It varies.  Sometimes Etsy UK.  Sometimes Etsy.com.  For me there seems no rhyme or reason why one appears over the other.

0 Likes

Same here lots of UK people asking why I wont ship to them.

0 Likes

I just pinned a new item with the Pin button on my Chrome desktop browser and it says Etsy UK. 

0 Likes

@PiecesOfMePaperCraft   Using the pin button on an Etsy page?

0 Likes

Yes, I was on my listing page. I always pin with the Pinterest Save Button on my browser. 

0 Likes

Thanks probably why an Etsy link gets embedded in the pins. We always post directly on Pinterest.

0 Likes

Here's a link to the other thread.  Haven't seen any solutions yet though.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/Etsy-listings-on-Pinterest/m-p/139358970#M1446643

0 Likes

This seems to be fixed as of this morning for me. I had an email conversation and was able to give them the links to the discussions here on the forums as evidence that it was a wider spread problem. So, let us hope it stays fixed. Seems my posts on Pinterest were retro-actively fixed as well.

0 Likes

Yes, I have the same issue in both my shops. One shop I have for 7 years now. I'm in EU, in the settings the currency is set to euro and country to Germany. However this resets itself to UK and British pound every day and all my Pinterest listings say EtsyUK. As UK is not in EU... that sometimes causes customers to turn away. (Taxes, shipping times). I go to settings, change it back to Germany and in a couple of hours or next day it's UK again ... so frustrating.

2 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

I was wondering why my pins have the " Etsy UK" icon on the left corner on top.

Maybe i won't pin for awhile while i follow this thread and see what is resolved. 

0 Likes

same issue for me as well, came on here for a solution too

0 Likes

I just found the answer!!!  It's under this section of your store, they musta messed something up in an update or something and now we have to fix it... https://www.etsy.com/your/account/preferences

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.