Photos displayed in shops are distorted and on the incorrect listing.

When I look at Etsy shops, including my own, the photos jump around, are displayed on the wrong item and/or are distorted. This has been going on now for a few months. From what I can find it may be a problem with the compatibility with Apple's Safari browser. This being said, the problem began when Etsy began testing and changing their listing format. I understand these things take time to work themselves out but it does seem to be hurting my sales and it must be hurting others. It is confusing and time consuming to look in a shop and see a photo that does not match the item it is representing. Since Etsy is the one that created the problem I feel they should be looking to fix it more quickly. It is not Apple's problem to correct the fact that Etsy created software incompatible with their browser. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
10 Replies

Re: Photos displayed in shops are distorted and on the incorrect listing.

Are you using Safari? 

0 Likes

Sorry, I responded before I read your post fully. This has been a known Safari problem for several months now. None of Apple's updates have fixed it (the last one made it a bit better). There are numerous websites that it affects. I'm not sure whose problem it is to fix. It started with an OS update.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I have a newer MacBook with up to date software. Who knows though! I was just wondering if anyone else is still having this problem.

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

I only use Safari and don't have that problem.

1 Like

It has to do with some older devices. My Macbook pro is the 2015 version. I can use Safari on my iPhone with no problems. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the input. Perhaps it is not Safari after all. It is frustrating nonetheless.

0 Likes

Yes, I noticed this yesterday. So annoying!! It shows up fine on my iPhone but is all weird on my MacBook which is only a couple of years old. This happened a few weeks ago to and it was thankfully fixed but now it's back. 

1 Like

@WishiWashiLoft @BloomStreetVintage 

I started having problems when I updated to OS Monterey. It shows up on numerous websites, not just Etsy. I keep thinking they'll fix it with subsequent updates, and it has gotten a little better with the most recent update, but still a problem. 

0 Likes

@ParchmentPosies I avoid any updates on my systems whenever possible. It also doesn't make sense that it was fixed (at least for me) but now it's back.

1 Like

i am having the same issue with my listings - Etsy displays wrong image even in Chrome

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.