I received an email saying that I got an order on June 16th, but when I clicked on the order number, there is an error and won't let me access the order. It doesn't show up on my dashboard, but I can see it in my payment account section. The order number listed under the tax section looks correct, but the order number for the sale is %2$s, which also doesn't go anywhere. I have a notification on my dashboard that the shipment is overdue, but I can't access the order at all, nor can I issue a refund (there is no option). Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how did you get it fixed?

Re: Phantom Order and Overdue Shipping Issue

Jump to solution

@MerchByLogophile It has for me. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

My buyer was tired of waiting for that order to appear in my shop, so she bought the items again. This time the order appeared and I shipped it out to her. She has now paid twice for the order. I hope etsy refunds her for the first order. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This has been the same for 3 weeks now. It's putting me low in search. I can't tell you how upset this makes me. I'm a star seller with 100% on time shipping. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes it's putting me very low in search too its upsetting 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MerchByLogophile @SilversmithcoUSA @RascalsRarities have you opened cases with Etsy support about this? If not, please do. The more people that complain about this, the more likely they are to get more eyes on it and expedite its resolution. I've had a ticket open with them since Saturday and I can't even get anyone to respond to it.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I have spoken to support twice regarding this, hopefully will be fixed soon. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@ahpfxw7t  I have spoken with etsy support twice on chat and once on the phone. They are aware of the issue. They sent me an email documenting that we spoke on the phone. I replied to the email to let them know the buyer purchased the items again, and thus paid twice, so she could have them sent to her. I told them they need to refund her for the first order since she has now paid twice. I shipped the items through etsy and they were delivered. I said all of this in the email and no response. I may call and let them know but I don't think it will do any good. The best thing would probably be for the buyer to file a charge back with their credit card company. That will probably force the issue of their refund. If they really want the item like mine did they will probably have to just repurchase/pay twice upfront so that you can ship it to them. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

yes

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@BlackstoneDynamics  That's a different issue all together. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@SilversmithcoUSA IMHO, I don't think it's hurting search. I've still made sales. However, there is a lot of competition this week. Amazon Prime Day. Nordstrom Half Yearly. And other Christmas in July promotions. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I honestly don't know what to do. This is so terrible. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yep, this issue still persists. Does anyone know if their buyer used Klarna when this issue happened? 

1 Like
VinylKountdown
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@LHJewelryBoutique I was told by support that this issue (at least the instance impacting my shop) is a Klarna order

1 Like

Jump to solution

@LHJewelryBoutique Yes, my customer used Klarna to purchase on the order of mine that this affected.  Reading through some other threads, this appears to be the source of the bug... but still no official updates from Etsy... 

3 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This Thread began 3 weeks ago.  Two weeks ago, the OP stated they received a response from Etsy which said engineers are aware of this issue and are looking into the problem.  But they prioritize by the impact to the Community.
This is no little issue.  It may not be affecting every single Seller, but it's gone on long enough, and it is affecting several of you. It bugs me when there are issues like this (especially financial issues), and there is no Announcement from Etsy.  Something to tell Sellers the status on the problem, if they are indeed looking into it, that sort of thing.

8 Likes

Jump to solution

Agreed @ChillwolfArt  

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have this too, contacted Etsy twice and same response. I first noticed around 3 weeks ago. So many glitches on Etsy, they said its not affecting search but am sure they must have something built into search prioritisation if you are behind with dispatch. Etsy dashboard has said '1 order overdue' every day for last few weeks now.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I wonder what is happening on the Buyer's side?

Has the purchase been processed, confirmed, and now they are wondering where their order is?

If it was confirmed but then suddenly cancelled & refunded what reason was given to the buyer? 

Shop owners have "orders" that they may or may not have to handle. They quite possibly have an order labeled "late to ship". How will this affect their "standing on Etsy" or the Star Program? 

That this issue has been dragging on for a month is inexcusable.

8 Likes
SeedGeeks
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

We now have 2 "overdue" ghost orders on our dashboard. No clue if they are connected to actual orders.

Etsy hasn't responded to our support ticket in over 15 days, despite being "escalated" multiple times by phone support.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Did you ever get a resolution? I'm having the same issue. I've come to detest Etsy's "non" support.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yup - I've got a phantom Overdue order aswell.

On the dashboard it shows that theres an overdue order, but when i click on the button to show it there isn't any order. If i click on filters for overdue - none. If i browse all orders - nothing overdue.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Same and I think it's bad juju.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I still have that- 1 overdue- message on my dashboard. I wish they would fix it. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Same here, my dashboard shows 2 overdue orders and I have NO overdue orders!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Here as well. Store has taken a nosedive since the issue started almost 3 weeks ago now.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.