I received an email saying that I got an order on June 16th, but when I clicked on the order number, there is an error and won't let me access the order. It doesn't show up on my dashboard, but I can see it in my payment account section. The order number listed under the tax section looks correct, but the order number for the sale is %2$s, which also doesn't go anywhere. I have a notification on my dashboard that the shipment is overdue, but I can't access the order at all, nor can I issue a refund (there is no option). Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how did you get it fixed?

Re: Phantom Order and Overdue Shipping Issue

Jump to solution

Yes! Same exact thing in my shop! I have notified Etsy and they are aware and say that it is affecting other shops. And they are working on it??

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Good grief, is there no end to the number of glitches we are seeing recently? I sure hope they get this taken care of soon for these sellers.

3 Likes
BatheInParadise
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have this happening too. Called Esty support. He told me - "We know this is an issue, there's nothing we can do right now, thanks for letting us know". Then I found this conversation. Very frustrating. 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

You called Etsy Support...and reached Etsy? Please share how a seller can get support with a problem...! 

1 Like
TheArtfulTwig
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ThriftyThinkers 

Here is a direct link to the Etsy support callback option.  I've found it to be helpful in most instances:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_sell_manage_listings-callback

1 Like

Jump to solution

This is all somewhat alarming.    "Open the Pod bay doors, please, Hal".

4 Likes

Jump to solution

At least it's good to know they know and are working on it. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Dealing with this right now as well. Not a good look for Etsy or Shoppes. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I am dealing with this same issue. Can't refund the buyer or ship the items, since there is no order showing. The email I received from etsy of the sale gave me the buyers information so I reached out to them and told them to contact etsy to see if they can get their money back at least. They were charged for the sale, and the money is showing in my payment account. I am hesitant to ship with another method incase etsy pulls the money from me. The best thing would be for etsy to just refund them if they cant figure out how to make the order show up in my shop. 

3 Likes
LAGlass
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Exactly the same issue with me, detailed in another reply. In chat with Etsy, they said not to ship the order via other method.

Since I had the buyers address on the email confirmation for the order, I typed up a letter and snail mailed it explaining the situation and asked that they please send me a convo through contact seller since no order shows, no reply yet.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Wondering if people can see their phantom order info yet? I still cannot view mine, and I reported it to Etsy on Thursday. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Still nothing. Not sure why it is taking this long for them to fix this issue.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

From the OP's solution:

"At this time, we do not have a timeframe for when this issue will be resolved, but please know that we prioritize our technical issues by impact to our marketplace."

Etsy has acknowledged the 'glitch'. When they actually rectify the issue is the great unknown. If only a small number of shops are affected, the "impact" is possibly deemed to be "minor". 
If this glitch were affecting a large number of shops, the "impact" would be greater & the issue would become a priority.

Wish I could say more than continue to follow up with Etsy thru your current help ticket and hope it will eventually be straightened out. 

3 Likes
PaperHaunt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Has anyone managed to have this fixed. I've seen thread from back in March about it but no one really talking about how it was handled? I currently have a late order I can't ship because I have no order...

1 Like

Jump to solution

To ACTUALLY talk to Etsy - Just go to the Community & Help Tab; Then in dropdown menu click ETSY HELP; SCROLL to the bottom of the Next Page...at bottom is "CONTACT ETSY SUPPORT" - NOW, once you click this, they give a menu of options that you may possibly need help with.  First click big button "SELLING ON ETSY"....From there I usually click "manage my shop"; THEN 'Manage Listings"...SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF THE generated page to - "I Still Need Help Botton" - CLICK on "Have us Call You" - Etsy call's you back in a minutes time!  It's a process...but it works!  I have not had much success with ETSY CHAT unless it's a super easy question...  Good Luck!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hey Everyone, I called and spoke to someone at ETSY rather than using their chat function, which is what I initially used twice before with no solution, and I reported the issue for the 3rd time! Unfortunately, they still have no solution at this time and told me that their engineering team is still working on solving the issue with the orders. They told me to let my buyer know that they are still working on the issue. This is the current update on 7/5/23. 

@PaperHaunt @ThriftyThinkers @dartifactoryretro @LHJewelryBoutique @JMOldeVintage 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

The option for a callback does not always appear. Sometimes I only have the email option, sometimes I have the chat option and the email option, only ONCE did I see the call back option.

1 Like

Jump to solution

There is still no resolution for my shop. The phantom order was placed on 6/28. It's now 7/7. 10 days. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have no order when I click on it. I called and spoke to someone. This is killing sales for me. When people get behind on sales etsy pulls them from search. I believe that's what's happening to me, because any orders I've gotten the last week were from previous customers.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Update: As of 07/09/2023, it has almost been a week since I reported my missing order, and still no fix and sadly no updates from Etsy.

I tried Chatting with Etsy again, I was hoping to go ahead and ship the order as I have all of the info in the email notification from Etsy. Basically, Etsy can't locate the order on their end either and advised not to ship. They said that they take care of issues that affect the marketplace the most so I guess this isn't that big of an issue yet. The customers won't think so as they have fully paid for the order.  I have received the funds in my Etsy Payment account for the order and I can easily go ahead and ship. I just have no way of marking the order complete, or connecting the tracking number to the order so it will end up being marked as late/not shipped and will be a mark against my shop. I am also worried that Etsy may refund the order if they ever do get it fixed.  I understand that it takes time to figure out what went wrong but a lot of time has passed and customers are paying for items that sellers cannot access the order to ship or refund. Etsy also has not made an announcement to let sellers know about the issue. If you don't check your emails regularly you may not know you have orders missing and overdue to ship until you get notified by the customer or dinged for not shipping on time.  Since this is a repeat customer of mine I am most certainly going to go ahead and ship her order regardless. I just hope this doesn't happen to any more orders as I don't need this kind of stress.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Yo, it is still bananas to me that there have been no announcements about this bug... I want to know how widespread it is.  It is affecting buyer and seller trust in the platform. The customer I had said she had $300 worth of products in her cart but she's afraid to buy anything in case this happens again.

Are they covering this up to prevent further hits to their stock?  Things that make you go hmmmmm... 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

It's not a pending order.  It's showing as an overdue order that I can't see now lol... The payment for the order went into my payment account and was transferred to my bank account as per usual.  I received the money.  If Etsy tries to refund it after the bug is fixed I downloaded the chat with Customer Service telling me to ship the order, and have the screenshots with the customer showing the item was shipped and delivered, so I am hoping that will be enough

1 Like

Jump to solution

Oh, they told you to ship the order? That isn't what they told me. They gave me a case number and told me someone would reach out with the next steps. Then they ghosted me. I've replied to their case email and only hear crickets in return.  I agree that is BANANAS. and that's putting it politely. 

3 Likes
SeedGeeks
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

We also have an overdue ghost order on our dashboard for almost 10 days now. Support said they are looking into it but have no ETA. They also stopped responding to the ticket.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Same. I hope this overdue order doesn't end up affecting traffic to our shop.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.