Pattern site, customer’s order goes through for her but then doesn’t come through

She gets the finished order screen that says

“Thanks! You’ll receive a confirmation email soon…”

has paid as far as she is concerned,  but then she sees a “receipt” on the screen but at the top right of it, after she’s “completed” the transaction, it says NOT PAID.

But it is on her screen as a receipt. With all the order details on it, her address etc.

what???? How is this possible? 

She doesn’t have a confirmation email. 
Can anyone help? I’m so worried that other customers may be waiting for orders I am totally unaware of.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Pattern site, customer’s order goes through for her but then doesn’t come through

Most likely, the order has not finished processing. I assume the same procedure applies in Pattern as in Etsy. It's not uncommon.

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015440727-Why-Is-an-Order-or-Payment-in-My-Shop-Still-Pro...

0 Likes

Re: Pattern site, customer’s order goes through for her but then doesn’t come through

Thank you. I don’t think that is it though. In that case, usually I get an instant message to say that they are processing an order. It may take a few days to clear, but the item is removed from sale ( this wasn’t) and it shows up as an uncleared order (there was no sign of this at all in my orders). Double annoyed as the customer has now gone and found me on etsy and bought a slightly cheaper item from my shop there and had no issue with payment there. So lost money overall and lost 6% to etsy on what should have been a commission free sale as I generated it via Instagram…

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue currently. Customer purchased shows complete but I’m not getting any notice or even a payment processing order. I’ve emailed Etsy support so hopefullythis issue will get resolved.

0 Likes

@daisyandstella  If the Buyer used a Payment method like Paypal or Klarna, they need to do that final step to return to Etsy to complete the sale.  Sometimes it's easy to forget to do that, when Paypal tells you you just made a purchase.

0 Likes

This has now happened twice to me. Customer orders through Pattern and order does not show up. Contacted Etsy support twice and hasn’t been helpful. Is Etsy sabotaging pattern orders to get there 6.5%?? Etsy please reply! I’m a long time seller and frankly this is incredibly frustrating to me and my customers which reflects negatively on my standalone website.

0 Likes
HallelujahTree
Conversation Maker

I've had the same issue several times in the past months.  The response I got from Etsy was that certain customers paying by certain methods (couldn't elaborate) were experiencing difficulties completing their order.  They said they'd let me know when the issue was resolved and I heard nothing more.  My Pattern sales have always been steady but are down 75% this year.

0 Likes

Yes well my customer did eventually purchase via etsy instead. SO that was annoying as I did in fact lose the 6.5% Does make you wonder if they are indeed sabotaging it. The order was for over $1000 so really feel cheated there.

1 Like

@HallelujahTree that's incredibly frustrating. It makes us look bad and our websites get a bad reputation. I feel incompetent telling my customers that their order will not go through on my website

0 Likes

100%. does make you look unprofessional. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.