Our shop was de-indexed

I am posting this as a warning to all shops out there whose sales have slumped drastically.

Our sales were poor last year - I put this down to poor world economy and we are in a luxury market after all.  When people are struggling they don’t buy luxuries.

Our Christmas period and January sales were absolutely appalling (January is usually our best month!)

I read in one of the forum posts that some shops were worried that they may be de-indexed and couldn’t find themselves in searches, so I checked and couldn’t find any of our products anywhere. We do have one quite unique product, which when we searched for it, our products used to be the only thing that came up. This search turned up absolutely nothing!

The search inside our shop wasn’t working either.

I asked for a phone call from Etsy, the chap I spoke to said something must be wrong and escalated my concern to the technical department, and hey presto two hours later it was fixed. I have no idea how long our shop was not coming up in the searches and Etsy can’t or won’t tell me, but you can bet I will be checking the searches every morning from now on. Our sales have massively improved from the day it was fixed.

Thank you to the person who alerted me to this possible problem, whoever you are. I am very grateful.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Our shop was de-indexed

I just looked and your shop is indexed. Did you do a search in your shop or on the Etsy wide search? Doing it your shop is a lot easier and faster. 

0 Likes

@OmasFabricStash Yes, it is fixed now but goodness knows how long it was de-indexed.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@OliverTwistsFibres  You can always check by doing a search within your shop.

0 Likes

@NanaLetha Yes, it is fixed now.  I was posting this to let other people know. I have been here eleven years, but did not know this could happen! Also to thank whoever it was in the forums who alerted me to this.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.