Customer Messages getting not through

Hi all,

I to messages from customers who make purchases and ask questions, but I'm not receiving any replies. I'm not sure if my messages are reaching them. Could it be that my messages aren't getting through? Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Deniz

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies
VogueVixens
Community Maker

Re: Customer Messages getting not through

If they are customers, send them a direct email as well, you can get their email address from the order.

0 Likes

Not all customers reply to messages from sellers.  And not all customers keep their email addresses updated on their Etsy accounts, which means those replies of yours are going off into the ozone (i.e. Etsy is sending the message notification email to the invalid email.)

I would just send a kind follow up message if you think it's warranted and not spammy, just to check if they need anything further.

0 Likes

@ThinkPinkBoutiqStore: As @PieceByNumberQuilts said, some buyers just do not respond. Additionally many seem to not check Etsy for extended periods after purchasing and they may not have eMail copies of Etsy Messages enabled. If it is an important issue, we just forward our eMail copy of the Etsy Message to the buyer's eMail address. But do not be surprised if you find a significant percentage are invalid eMail addresses.

0 Likes

A previous buyer contacted me two days ago with a question. I responded right away and didn’t hear back from her so I just kind of forgot about it. She finally responded tonight with the word “thanks” and that was it. Buyers aren’t glued to Etsy like sellers are. 

0 Likes

I never get emails saying I had an Etsy transaction. Etsy cannot find the problem. I have to check my shop through out the day to see if sales were made. Etsy could not help me. I give up!

0 Likes

@georgiacrafter 

This started happening to me last Oct.

Why give up? you need to check your actual shop at least once a day anyway. Etsy is considered a business--what would happen to your business if it was an actual store and you decided  that you just did not feel like working today so did not bother to open?

All of your orders can be found on your dashboard. Don't depend on emails.

1 Like

@georgiacrafter: A quick search would show lots and lots of threads in this forum about issues with app and eMail notifications. Presuming that the eMail was sent, many bad things can happen after the eMail has left Etsy's eMail server. Your eMail provider or Internet Service Provider or even a relaying server could be blocking the eMail in error and it never makes it to your eMail client.

2 Likes

Thank you . I just get frustrated at times. Had to vent  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.