UpNGrowing
Inspiration Seeker

Orders claiming to have no tracking

I have been a star seller since the day Etsy started the program.  I have several orders showing there was no tracking and marked in pre transit that HAVE BEEN DELIVERED.  How are these orders completed and delivered but showing in pret-ransit on your end? My shipping is always at 100% and now at 93%. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
15 Replies
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Re: Orders claiming to have no tracking

Tons of Etsy sellers are dealing with this right now.  You can contact Chat, give them the order numbers, and ask them to adjust.  But if it is anything like mine have been, your next batch of shipments will show no tracking too.

Frustrating as all get-out.  

6 Likes

@UpNGrowing  I came here to ask about that as well, but decided to check to see if anyone else was having the same issue. 

Two of my orders were delivered on the 7th of this month (same buyer, same box) but is showing "Pre-transit" status, though USPS shows delivered. Though I'm not considered a "Star Seller" due to not meeting the sales amount criterion I'd  appreciate it if this was corrected.

Do you know if there's a link to any other post regarding this? 

1 Like

@bradgoodell  I probably should know this (but I don't). How do you get to or where is "Chat"?

0 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

@bradgoodell

Very frustrating. I'm showing 12 orders "missing tracking". All have tracking and most have been delivered. I'm at 97% now.

I shipped around 90 or so packages last week so I expect my numbers to dip below the 95%

Be nice if there was some type of update regarding this.

But. Here we are. Waiting.

I never even used to look at that page but find myself looking every morning now to see if it's been fixed or even addressed.

That there are no updates, not a single mod has chimed in seems very odd.

Perhaps this is their way of getting rid of the SSP since it's caused so many problems for so many people even before this tracking issue.

Wouldn't that be nice ; )

-Maria

2 Likes

@RobinsonsHandyCrafts, you will have a chat window icon thingamajiggie on your dashboard, in the lower right hand corner... but ONLY if you're a Star Seller, apparently and ONLY during "working hours", not 24/7.   

You might get an agent who can fix the tracking manually, but it's no guarantee your shipping rating won't get dinged anyway. 

This chat is BS.  Only available to Star Sellers?  Like, come on... aren't sellers who DON'T measure up in more need of help than those of us who do?  Ugh.  Silly. 

0 Likes

@WildCrockophile 

The chat through the help pages was much more helpful than the star seller chat, so non-star sellers aren't missing much.

@RobinsonsHandyCrafts 

You should be able to find chat options through the Help section of your dashboard. Choose "selling" and then poke around until you find an option that gives the prompt "I still need help." There should be callback and/or chat options there during business hours. 

0 Likes

@Adorabilities Aaah!!  I did not know that there was a chat there as well, good to know.  It did kinda seem weird that only SS would have one.  Made no sense.  Now I know why.    

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

@RobinsonsHandyCrafts Apparently you can only access "chat" if you're a SS... redonkulous!

0 Likes

Wow! I wasn't aware of that. Wow...just simply wow! smh

0 Likes

@TBQSC That is not true. You do not need to be a Star Seller to access chat option. More than likely it is due to chat only being available during certain hours and when they have staffing. 

0 Likes

Believe me, chat doesn’t help.  They won’t fix anything.

3 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@TraceyGurleyArt  - Chat fixed mine. 

0 Likes

They did mine on the 5th try and uploading a spreadsheet with all of the info.

0 Likes

Yup.  Many posts on this.  Has happened to me twice.  First time, they fixed the issue (as in, they MANUALLY got the tracking to show accurately).  They told me engineering was "working on it".  I thought my SS rating was safe, nope.  Down it went.  Checked a now-closed forum thread where Etsy CLAIMED they'd worked out a fix.  Obviously not.  Happened again. 

Second time...  two orders, combined shipping, same tracking number, working on one and not the other.   On chat again, hoping if I got it fixed before delivery this time, I wouldn't get dinged. 

This agent tried to tell me that it was USPS's fault... I flat out disagreed... then she said it was a "sync" problem between USPS and Etsy.  I again disagreed.  She said it wouldn't affect my shipping rating.  I said HAH.  Not what I'm reading on the forums.  And sure 'nuff... here is yet another thread with yet another poor seller being punished for Etsy's ineptitude.  And once you lose your stoopit badge, you lose your avenue for any help at all.  At the very very LEAST, they could shut that stupid program down until they FIX THINGS.  

WELL DANG.  I just checked again, and my score has been reinstated back to 100%.   So either things WILL eventually resolve for the OP or somehow I had enough shipments to bring it back up again.  I'll probably never know exactly what happened there.  ::mutter:: 

0 Likes
SGFDevices
Inspiration Seeker

This is preventing me from getting star seller. Every single order I have gets automatically updated with tracking from pirateship but it says I'm missing tracking for 31% of orders. What is Etsy doing to fix this???

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.