Orders being cancelled by Etsy

Hi - of late I have had orders that went through being cancelled by Etsy afterwards. The item still shows as sold out. Is this a know issue? 
thanks 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Re: Orders being cancelled by Etsy

Other sellers have been reporting the same thing.

When an order is cancelled you may have to relist it again manually. You will get all the fees back for that transaction.

2 Likes

You shouldn't have to relist.  Contact Etsy to ask what the issue is. If the sale failed then the item should have been relisted by Etsy immediately.  

3 Likes

Indeed but this time it has not happened. Perhaps it is because of weekend. The buyer seems legitimate. 

0 Likes

I've started waiting 24 hours to ship because Etsy seems to do this quite often. The sale shows as approved, then a few hours later, Etsy unapproves it. I think perhaps they are using more aggressive fraud screening these days due to the rampant scammer attacks. When they cancel the sale, it should be put back in stock, but that doesn't always happen.

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

This usually happens when there is a payment issue ... cc declined, reported stolen, not enough funds, etc.  It would make sense Etsy would automatically relist the item, but sometimes you have to manually relist.  Always best to wait a minimum 24-hours before shipping, but cancellations can happen even after waiting that long.  If it happens after shipping the order, you can file for a USPS "package intercept", which costs $17.50, but if it's a big or expensive order, the fee is worth it just to get your item back!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.