Drukowanko
Inspiration Seeker

Order shipped with "Update ship by date" are counted as shipped late.

Hello! I was just talking with an Etsy seller support chat and the lady confirmed this and told me to write the issue here on the forum aswell.

My shipping score went horribly down after I have posted today 10+ orders of shipping date updated to +1 day. I have checked the .csv file for those orders and they are counted as "shipped late", which is not true - given +1 day they were not "red" and were meant to be shipped today. My buyers were also okay with this little change.

This could also be a cause of me loosing my Star Seller for this month and I had it for few years straight. The problem is very urgent and I would love somebody to check my scoring and edit it if it is possible. The season is coming and I feel very upset loosing the Star Seller due to technical bug.

Martyna

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Order shipped with "Update ship by date" are counted as shipped late.

I don't know why support would send people here to the forum as we are just other sellers--but they do. All. The. Time!

Anyway--I/we can tell you that Etsy will not adjust star seller stats, even if they are WRONG. Even when it is a technical error. They tell us we just have to live with it until it drops off our stats. So very sorry.

2 Likes

My suggestion to you for the future, would be to extend your regular processing times in your shipping profiles by a day or so to cover possible future delays.  This is why I make my processing times 1-3 days, when I usually ship within 2 days, sometimes even on the same day.  Etsy keeps asking me to adjust my processing times "because buyers love quick shipping".  What Etsy doesn't understand is I like having that processing buffer for different reasons that happen in life, such as weather delays or other potential issues.  By having a processing buffer, I avoid having to extend shipping/processing times.

I know this doesn't help in your current situation, but I thought I would offer that suggestion.

1 Like

@Drukowanko: Just out of curiosity, did you try to change the scheduled ship by date at least one day before the day they were scheduled to ship by?

2 Likes

Since we can no longer see your processing time frame, it is hard to say.  If you have 1 to 3 days, shipping should happen before the end of the 3rd day at the very least.  To avoid this issue I ship before the last day of shipping occurs. 

If you were changing the ship date, did you do this before the original ship date has passed?  If the ship date passed then the system does not allow the change of shipping date and will consider the packages sent as late. 

I'm sorry but it is not a technical bug and Etsy has indicated they will not change the star seller for such happenings.

0 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Did you ship with Etsy or did you add the tracking yourself, if you added it it might have been considered late by the time you added it, if you waited to impute after the shipping date changes.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.