Not receiving ANY notifications from Etsy

After almost 10 years of selling on Etsy I am not receiving any notifications whatsoever!  I have rechecked all settings here and in my email and everything is still turned on, nothing has changed. I have missed 3 sales due to this glitch.  Please FIX IT!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Not receiving ANY notifications from Etsy

It's an issue they are denying.  I'm having the same issues as well and have chatted with them 2x with no resolution.

5 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

I've noticed a lot of shops complaining about this the last couple of weeks.  Another glitch to add to the long list of glitches for Etsy to ignore.

8 Likes

I would NEVER depend on email notifications for sales,

It's so much easier just to log into your shop at least once daily.  No more missed sales if you do that.

You can't change Etsy, but you can change your own habits.

Would you open a shop in the mall and not go there at least once daily?

It's worth logging in daily just to read what's on the Dashboard (imo).

6 Likes
TimberCoveHats
Inspiration Seeker

Momma,

I hear that! But I am honestly just floundering around needing help desperately. I have never joined groups, or taken classes so need to quickly figure out where and who to talk to with my questions. Phone number of colleagues or staff? How can I make strides? I have used email to send tracking, not their messages or labels. I can't even decipher how some customers get free shipping, and others don't. I think they arrange that last year. HELP! Becky Thompson Timber Cove Hats Thanks for any tips. 

0 Likes

happening to me too today. sales and convos

1 Like

It can happen for a number of reasons.  Some which may have nothing to do with Etsy.  Servers can be overloaded losing some emails.  Email providers change protocol.  Amount of available space may not be enough. Your email provicer now requires you to clear the sender for inclusion.

It can be Etsy and it cannot be Etsy.

Best is to come into shop at least once a day.  Etsy posts many things that sellers need to keep abreast on.  It's not just sales.  It's very easy to dismiss an email only to later realize that Etsy email contained important information. 

You can contact Etsy and ask them to check if the email was sent.  Don't be surprised if they answer yes.  Sometimes, especially the free email, loses emails.  It can go in cycles.  That's why I am a proponent of checking shop at least once a day and not relying on email alone. 

1 Like

Kind of odd how after 9 years and 8 months of no issue at all with emails and messages that suddenly I don't receive any.

1 Like
McKeanCreations
Conversation Maker

Today is the first time I didn't get email notifications of a sale. I heard a cha ching before I got up this morning and saw I had 2 new sales this morning. Didn't get an email notification for either one. About an hour later, one of the email notifications came through, but the other still hasn't. I like the have the verification of an email and the order on my order page for checks and balances, but since I'm in my shop first thing in the morning and several times during the day, I can live with no emails, just don't like it.

Edit - Just received notification on my second order (about 2 hours late). Maybe it's fixed  now.

1 Like

I have had this problem for months now - even placed an order with etsy seller and have yet to receive confirmation of MY order to her.  

FUNNY I get all the emails from etsy regarding weekly updates, their promotions, and ways to improve my shop.  But not orders and even deposit emails not getting them either.  I have chatted with them and it is my fault, my settings, my IP, my email provider.  Funny too I have 3 shops and 2 email providers and it is happening for both email providers.  Not my fault.  But have to check shops constantly.  Have app on phone on and do get sale notifications on it.  Oh well - Tired of venting about this.  

1 Like

I was just coming here to see if anyone noticed this. I am not getting emails either. They are not in spam and they are not even showing up in order of purchase date in my orders like they normally do, so its like solving a puzzle trying to find what the order was. They really need to fix this! It started 2-3 days ago for me. I get about 50% of the email notifications.

0 Likes

Yesterday I suddenly started receiving notifications from the 2 posts about this I asked.  Funny how that works, and I still don't know if my orders will come through.

0 Likes

Still not receiving sales and messages from the app. Getting emails though. Started acting up yesterday. Was working fine before.

1 Like

Me too

1 Like

I am having email issues, too.  I've had issues in the past where I would get NO emails.  That usually could be fixed by going in and re-confirming my email in my account.

But now, it's hit or miss, which really makes me think it isn't me.  And my email is fine, according to Etsy.  I got 2 sales about an hour apart this morning, and I have only received an email for one.  

I don't depend on the emails to know if I have a sale or not, but they should still be consistently working. 

1 Like

I have never used my email to let me know if I have sales. I go to my shop to check for sales.

0 Likes

I deleted the new app from my phone and now using the old one (which I like better). Started receiving notifications right away.

0 Likes
ArtistTierra
Inspiration Seeker

It’s now 10/23/2023 and I’m STILL having this problem since this new app launched. I HATE IT and it’s screwing up my business!!!! I have checked all my notifications and have them all turned on. Yet the only way I receive a notification of a sale is if I open the app and refresh it a couple times until it shows up that I have a sale and a badge will show up. Is this only an iOS issue? If I didn’t constantly check, I’d never get a notification!! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.