Not able to renew listings

Jump to solution

Is this happening to anyone else? I have tried multiple times today renewing from the Shop Manager listings page and also from within individual listings. Sometimes I get an Uh Oh after I click Renew, other times I get the Yahoo! (or whatever), but when I go back to the Shop Manager, the listings still show they expire today and no listing fees are deducted from my payment account.  I truly hope I am not eventually charged for all these attempts.

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not able to renew listings

Jump to solution

Just want to update this. Multiple charges for the multiple attempts I made to try to re-list showed up later. I requested a callback from Etsy support and explained the situation. The very nice fellow I talked to refunded all the overcharges which showed up in my Payment Account. So do contact them.

If you experience the same thing of listings seeming to not renew, don't try again right away. Wait, because there is some type of lag going on and if you try again, you may be charged multiple times in the end.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
28 Replies
LastCentury
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I have been having this problem last 2 days, both chrome & firefox.

BUT... the renew is on slow mo as I found out yesterday. I got double billed for one renewed listing because it looked like I hadn't renewed it after a few minutes so I went thru the renew motion again.

Both yesterday & today, I renewed a bunch of things along with published some drafts, and they all appear in my shop but not in the order that I went through.

Etsy support said, clear cache & update browsers and that the system is working properly. Like I'm some noob.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I am also having the same problem. Just hit renew on items sold and they do not renew and I also thought I had perhaps done it wrong so renewed 3x so charged 3 times and it's still not back in my shop. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

just had this happen, its a bug

2 Likes

Jump to solution

other reports in the Forums, and apparently, on Downdetector

https://downdetector.com/status/etsy/

1 Like

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails 

When I checked, it shows no current problems.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The only way I got it to work is to go to sold out listings, edit item and then renew from there.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear others are having problems too. OK, I now see that in my Payment Account, it shows as charging me for all those duplicate/ triplicate renewals. However, the current balance shows correctly as what I should have been charged which is about 1/4 of what it looks like in the list of fees.

AND, now I've checked again, and it all appears correct. No duplicate or triplicate charges and the items have evidently renewed. Hope everyone else's will be correct as well.

1 Like
LeatisBaby
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have a different problem, I renewed products in my Etsy store twice a day, now the algorithm does not display my products at all. Is there any way to fix this?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LeatisBaby: "... now the algorithm does not display my products at all" How do you know this?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Still having this problem 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear it. Hope this is fixed soon.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Been happening for 2 full days, I just got done with a 30 min chat with customer support and they refunded me double and triple renewal fees, because of the size of my shop and number of expired listings it was quite a bit of money. They suggested renewing only one time and leave it, appears to be a lag time although they don't know why.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

An NOW, when I go to my Payment Account, the renewals are now separated and still looking to be charged double and triple. I refreshed and it was correct, then refreshed again and it is wrong again.

My head is swimming. I will try looking again tomorrow and if still wrong, will contact Support for a refund.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Same thing happened here, and I was charged for each time I renewed (3 times!).  I also tried to deactivate a listing and it still shows for sale in the shop.  SUPER frustrating!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes, it is frustrating!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I had this happen on Monday when they took a while to show up, then it was fine Tuesday, but tonight is even worse- two hours later and a renewed listing is still not showing up. Don't think I've ever had them lag this badly.

I also refunded a customer earlier this evening, and I've not received the confirmation email of the refund, so fingers crossed that's gone through ok. I don't want to have an angry customer accusing me of keeping their money!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

So this seems like it's ongoing. It's hard to know what to do when things don't update when they should.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ZehOriginalArt 

I've just given up for the day- no renewals or new listings. No point trying to do anything when there's a big glitch like this. Gonna curl up on the sofa with some chocolate cheesecake

1 Like

Jump to solution

@KultRemade 

Sounds like a good idea. Mmmm... chocolate cheesecake.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This has been happening to me the past two days also, was not able to "batch renew" but could renew singles one at a time. Today, not even one at a time, goes thru the process and even gets to the "agree to pay" hit button to renew, says the normal "huzzah" but go to first page and NOPE, ETSY please fix this glitch!!  Had a customer say she couldn't purchase cause Etsy payments said her e mail was incorrect, same email she used to purchase previously.. no wonder sales are slow!! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@Terrystreasuretrunk 

So many glitches. If buyers have problems too, they will just go elsewhere.

0 Likes
RiverCityJAC
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

YES!!

Just now tried to renew 10 listings and did not work.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@RiverCityJAC 

Don't retry. It may show up later as having been renewed, and you will be charged double or triple as has happened to those of us who did.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Just want to update this. Multiple charges for the multiple attempts I made to try to re-list showed up later. I requested a callback from Etsy support and explained the situation. The very nice fellow I talked to refunded all the overcharges which showed up in my Payment Account. So do contact them.

If you experience the same thing of listings seeming to not renew, don't try again right away. Wait, because there is some type of lag going on and if you try again, you may be charged multiple times in the end.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.