Not Receiving Transaction Emails

Jump to solution

I am not receiving Transaction Emails. I received them before 5pm EST yesterday, but I have not received any since.

I don’t know it is related, but I am also not receiving notifications of sales from the app.

They are not in my Junk or Spam folders.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not Receiving Transaction Emails

Jump to solution

I am pretty sure I figured out the problem. It was all related to the update of the seller information that was requested by Etsy. I was not able to update the information and my account was in some kind of limbo until that was fixed. I spoke with support yesterday.  We fixed the update problem, and transaction emails are arriving as they normally do.  

thanks for all your input!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies

Jump to solution

Do you have the latest updates installed in the app.  Download the updates  or maybe uninstall and reinstall the app.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I only get a fraction of the emails I'm supposed to be getting - sales, messages, transfers, my own purchases.  It's been happening for years, and I went through all the back and forth with support and my email server to try to fix.  I make sure to check my shop regularly, and don't rely on emails.

As for the app, yes, you can un-install and load the latest update - sometimes just signing out of the app, then back in does the updates. I've found toggling all the notifications off then back on - both in the app and my phone settings, works to get the sounds back.  If you also have notifications for messages, then you can test it by asking someone to message you through your shop - if the sound for the messages works on the app (I call it the "twa-dang" - like a banjo) then you should also hear te Cha-chings when sales come in.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I uninstalled and reinstalled. I turn off sound on the app but I usually get the banner notifications.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm receiving my transaction emails. Make sure they're not going to your spam folder. I have setup filters and/or folders to separate transactions and keep them organized. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Not getting mine either as of yesterday

0 Likes
MugenCreation
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same here, I received an order but the email never showed up. Never had a problem receiving transaction emails until today.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Sometimes email providers do not work well with Etsy.  It can be on either end.  One reason never to rely on email alone.  Always visit shop daily..

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me.  No transaction emails or app notifications since about 11:30am yesterday Feb 8 though I have had over a dozen sales since then.  Oddly, I also received an email about updating my seller information right before the emails stopped.  I updated the seller info and 20 minutes later I had a sale and got an email and a notification.  

0 Likes
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I had this problem for years using comcast email, they blocked important etsy emails and even my bank. I had to switch to gmail to get my emails but I check my dashboard 1-2x a day just to be sure.

0 Likes
Charmbooks
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. Been selling on Etsy for years, using the same email address. I've always received email notifications of sales until yesterday afternoon.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@Charmbooks: There are lots and lots of threads in this forum about issues with app and eMail notifications. Presuming that the eMail was sent, a lot of bad things can happen after it leaves Etsy's eMail server. The eMail could easily have been blocked in error by your eMail provider or ISP or a relaying server so that it doesn't even make it to your eMail client.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am pretty sure I figured out the problem. It was all related to the update of the seller information that was requested by Etsy. I was not able to update the information and my account was in some kind of limbo until that was fixed. I spoke with support yesterday.  We fixed the update problem, and transaction emails are arriving as they normally do.  

thanks for all your input!

0 Likes
Charmbooks
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

How did you speak with Etsy support? Was is chat or via phone? Do you have a phone number for Etsy support?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

That is exactly what happened to me.  I received an email that my seller information needed updated.  No transaction emails or notifications came in after that email was received even though I had over a dozen sales.  Unfortunately I could not update my seller information and kept getting an error.  Tech support was no help but I finally found the answer on how to do it in another thread in the forums.  About twenty minutes after updating my seller information I had a sale and received both a transaction email and an app notification.  Now I'm receiving emails and notifications for all my sales now so it was definitely related. 

1 Like
Charmbooks
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I was finally able to get Etsy support, discussed my problem with the seller info requested, uploaded requested docs, transacation emails immediately started coming through again.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

same here.  Not receiving emails when someone places an orders. I do receive emails about a conversation. I have etsy emails in my safe sender list. they are not in my deleted folder or junk folder

0 Likes

Jump to solution

That was a pain the a#s
I've owned retail business for 43 years and I've never been asked for some of the documents etsy was asking for.
what is a control number? I ended up putting my business license number.

0 Likes
isewcute
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem, bot receiving any order update emails. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.