Not Allowed to Purchase International Shipping Label

Jump to solution

Hello! First time posting, but been selling on Etsy with two shops for close to ten years.

I got an order for a vintage robe from Saudi Arabia. I went to purchase the shipping label and got the grayed out shipping icon with the message "currently unable to purchase shipping labels for this address". I am wondering if this is because the buyer didn't give enough details? For instance there is no building/house number, just a street. I have reached out to her to see if I can get the further details I need to accurately ship, but even at that I don't see how I can use the Etsy label option if they don't even allow me to open up the label maker? At this point, I'm planning on going straight through the USPS once I have the information I think I need.

This is my first time shipping to Saudi Arabia, so the whole thing is a new experience.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not Allowed to Purchase International Shipping Label

Jump to solution

OP, please read online by searching Google what items are allowed to be imported into Saudi Arabia. I believe you will find that delivery is difficult due to custom rules and limits on imports. Don't lose your merchandise over this situation.

View solution in original post

2 Likes
6 Replies

Jump to solution

OP, please read online by searching Google what items are allowed to be imported into Saudi Arabia. I believe you will find that delivery is difficult due to custom rules and limits on imports. Don't lose your merchandise over this situation.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank-you for prompting me to dig deeper. Turns out "used clothing" is prohibited--and since I sell vintage clothing even if it was never worn, I can't prove it unless it's deadstock. I fully refunded the buyer and explained the situation.

1 Like
UptownYvette
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

It could be a glitch that may have nothing to do with shipping to Saudi Arabia.  Wait a few hours and try again tonight or tomorrow. 

0 Likes
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

According to Royal Mail, Saudi Arabia have introduced a "short address" code -- is there something like this in the address your customer has given? Royal Mail's example:

Saudi Arabia (Saudi Post) has introduced a new short address to simplify the national address system. The short address comprises of the following:

Region code Branch code Division code Unique letter Building number Short address

RAGI2929RAGI2929

The new short address should be added in a separate line, after the recipient information and before the delivery point information as follows:

Recipient:Short address code:Building number and street name:Secondary number and district:Postcode:Locality:Country name:

Mohammed Dayan
RAGI2929
2929 Rayhanah Bint Zaid
8118 Al Arid District
RIYADH
Saudi Arabia
1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank-you. I had found that information on the USPS website as well and she had not given all those details.

1 Like
FancyTogs
Community Maker

Jump to solution

"For instance there is no building/house number, just a street."

Postal addresses in many countries do not follow the same format or assignment system as the USA.

Sometimes the addressing does not use house numbers, or even street names.

In some countries (especially in the Middle East) a postal address has to be formally applied for and purchased, or a postbox number purchased. As a result many people will have their mail sent to their place of work.

Etsy's address input system is often not labelled correctly for non-USA postal addresses, and then also outputs the address fields in an incorrect order. Make sure that you check the correct address format and use it for the parcel, or the local mail system may reject it.

Lawrence (Clare's other half)

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.