No response to my support ticket for 6 days

I have an support ticket open.  9 days ago I contacted Etsy.  I got a response 3 days later.  I responded to it immediately, and have been posting comments to it almost daily stating I need more help and that my problem was not resolved.   

It has been 6 days of silence since then. 

I'm desperate for some resolution for my issue. 

Should I open another support ticket or just wait longer? What would you do?   

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
20 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: No response to my support ticket for 6 days

Post your problem here - other sellers might be able to help.

4 Likes
michellepatterns
Conversation Maker

yes, post it here if you can.  Etsy might be overwhelmed with help tickets, find your issue low priority/something they can't answer, or maybe both.  

2 Likes

Thank you for the response .@michellepatterns

I've updated the post with my story. Not sure what to do at this point. 

0 Likes

.@NanaLetha thank you for the response. 

I have posted about it before- my show is on a temporary suspension because I changed some information in my Legal & Tax section.  It gave me an error notice that I had two tries left to verify the information, and if it wasn't verified that my account would be locked.  I stupidly reached out to chat because I was nervous about locking my account by mistake. 

I though they could tell me what information was triggering the error message, but apparently that would be considered giving business advice?  Maybe scammers have messed up support for us by getting chat to reveal personal information?  I'm really not sure, just theorizing here to try to be reasonable about this whole mess. 

Reaching out to chat turned out to be a gigantic mistake, as they locked my account immediately.  Chat said that they would refer me to support, but I don't think chat even generated a help ticket.  Anyway, I opened a help ticket the next day and it was days before I got a response.  I responded to it and provided government id information, which generated an email from Etsy saying that my identity was verified and I could continue selling on Etsy.

My shop was never removed from vacation mode though.  I've been responding to the help ticket requesting more assistance since my issue is not resolved.  And I haven't had a response in 6 days.  

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@TheDavidsonWorkshop  This is the type of thing which doesn't make sense to me. To wait this long for a response and assistance (6 days), while your Shop is still suspended. It really doesn't sound like Chat referred you to Support.
It should not be this difficult to receive proper Support. For any reason, when Shops are suspended.  I'm seeing several posts where Sellers are having trouble trying to Verify their Tax I.D., or with Plaid.  And there should be a special 24/7 Support Team dedicated to all things financial.

This is strictly up to you, but at this point I would "at" Admin thatregina. I wish you well and hope this is soon resolved.  It really should not take this long.

2 Likes

That's a good idea .@ChillwolfArt

I've been posting all over the forums and someone did @ her for me days ago.  She was very nice and said she referred it to support.  I suspect that is why my support ticket was even responded to in the first place.

I did respond to her comment thanking her and giving her an update that I was still needing support, but she didn't respond again.  Perhaps she has done all she is able to do. I appreciate her responding to begin with. 

2 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@TheDavidsonWorkshop  I'm sorry, that's just unacceptable. In Etsy's new Announcement (posted by Somethinks2Design), they specifically state there will be more Support for Shops that are suspended and so forth.

Wonder if you "at" Admin HerrMoostache. Being put in limbo is not a satisfactory option.

0 Likes

Betreff: No response to my support ticket for 6 days

Maybe you can use the new option shown here as "new announcement":

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/6298920789271   

Here is the announcement about it from Etsy Staff "rmuransk". Maybe try to @ her in your next post

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/How-Etsy-s-supporting-your-success-this-holiday-season/t... 

0 Likes

Thank you for the links .@Somethinks2Design

I'm nervous about filing an appeal since I thought those were for permanently suspended accounts? I never thought reaching out to chat would be so disastrous, so honestly I'm scared to do anything at this point : (

0 Likes

Hm, I can well understand how you feel and that you are afraid to make it worse, but: is it possible to make it worse? I don't know.
Etsy staff member rmuransk posted the announcement, so it should be good to include her in your next reply here @ because it's her department.

1 Like

You may be right about not being able to make it worse.  I'm going to think on it. 

I think I will be opening up a new support ticket as well tonight.   

0 Likes

I hate the way Etsy treats its sellers, it's insulting and disrespectful.  On Ebay someone would be there to help you, not ghost you!  Nobody ever knows what's wrong or what it will take to fix it. 

Can you not try to get a call back to see if someone can help.  I wouldn't be afraid to make things worse as you have not done anything wrong so I can't see why would you end up being suspended for trying to resolve the issue.  

I hope it gets sorted soon. 

8 Likes

Hi .@JJewellerySuppliesUK

thank you for the response. I did request a callback, but was never called.  I have read on the forums that Etsy won't call you back if your account is suspended.  There are probably a few reasons for that, which I can understand.  I'm trying to be as reasonable as possible.  

I'm going to open a new support ticket and hopefully I will get some assistance. 

0 Likes

Kale, whatever you decide to do: I wish you all the best and that the nightmare will be over soon.
It hurts my soul when I see this. Here since 2018, more than 12000 sales, top reviews from your happy and satisfied customers, one item more beautiful than the other and made with so much love and craftsmanship. 

It is not right from Etsy.

3 Likes

You are very kind.  I looked at your shop and I love your stuff!

0 Likes

Good luck.  I've been trying to get help on my two shops for over 6 months now.  One shop Etsy completely closed and would not respond to support tickets asking why.  My shop was a 5 star shop, no complaints, and then suddenly it was closed.  My second (main) shop, was placed on a payment reserve with them keeping 75% of my sales for 90 days!  Again, no response from Etsy whatsoever.  They did that for 90 days and then it was supposed to be removed, instead, they extended the reserve but only kept 35% for another 60 days.  And on top of that, you have to ship all of these orders out that you're not getting paid for or Etsy will refund the seller.  My orders are typically $500 or more and they wanted me to send orders that I then didn't have the money to purchase the materials for because Etsy was keeping all of my income.

I put my shop on vacation after reading horror story after horror story of these same situations happening all over to thousands of shops.  I've been trying to close my shop for days, and the system kicks me back to the dashboard each time.  I'm so done with Etsy.  Go on TikTok and type in Etsy Payment Reserve, it will have you wanting to close your shop immediately. 

The UK actually set up a strike where the UK sellers all put their shops on vacation mode, hoping to get some answers from Etsy but they never responded.  Etsy has forgotten about the people who made them who they are and they're going to end up running all their small businesses out to other merchants.  

2 Likes

.@LemonAndGreyDesigns your post is sending shivers down my spine!  I'm so sorry you never got your issues resolved.

0 Likes

On the 11th day I took a chance and opened a new ticket and within a few hours I received a reply from that new help request and my shop was reopened. Thank you to anyone who took the time to help me!

1 Like

I'm on day 9 of waiting for them to respond to a help request (which in the past has never taken more than 48 hours). I always read that new request tickets push you to the bottom of the queue, so that is great to hear that you got your issue resolved with the new request! I may have to follow suit!

1 Like

Great news! I'm glad to hear that! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.