EastCoastOptics
Inspiration Seeker

New "Description" to click on and "Shipping" to click on - Why?

New "Description" to click on and "Shipping" to click on - Why? I liked it before this change.

Just another dam for shoppers to have to navigate. Why do you think someone at Etsy thought this was a good idea? Anyone else hearing crickets?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
5 Replies

Re: New "Description" to click on and "Shipping" to click on - Why?

Etsy just recently changed it. The "fixes" keep getting worse and worse.

2 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

The less you tell someone, the more likely they are to purchase?  What's next, no photos?

It's a bit beyond me, but Etsy knows best.
I know that because I read it in the forum.

7 Likes

One of their silly little tests. There's also another one that puts the listing's video as the first image in search results (as seen in my browser), so when you hover over it you get the video instead of the full title like usual. As you might imagine, this is annoying and causes me to ignore anything with a video button on it. Some listings also do not benefit from the video being the first thing you see. [eye roll]

1 Like

@BriarMoonBeads so what happens to those listings without videos. The video slot is usually the second one ... so is Etsy showing the actual first photo for video-free listings or just whatever is in the second slot? 

I still can't get my head around the fact that Etsy tests on a live site instead of doing a lot of it on an actual test site : (

1 Like

@AnniebelloPaper  looks like what's happening is they're just showing the video as the search result thumbnail if there is one - any listings with no videos are just showing the usual 1st image.

I'm only seeing it on the laptop - my hunch is they're testing it with us lousy old desktop users and if the data shows it helps, they'll move it into app results.

Which means the videos would auto-play, which would be just.the.worst. [shudder]

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.