New listing design

This is not a technical issue, but more a functionality/navigation general issue.

It seems like item description is really hidden under reviews now and hard to find. As a shopper, I would have never thought to look there. It just looks like items have no descriptions? 

Is there any way to fix that?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: New listing design

It seems like Etsy is doing some tests during this down time. I know it looks odd but on the app it all looks fine. Since most shoppers buy on the app now, I wouldn’t be overly concerned. They are surely working on it.

0 Likes

hope so as this design looks a bit odd and not logical on desktop

1 Like
DollHeaven
Conversation Maker

Unfortunately there is no way to fix this - it is a test that Etsy is currently running.  However, not everyone is in the test so not everyone is seeing the layout with the description under the reviews.

1 Like

So I guess my shop is in this test ahhh

0 Likes
DollHeaven
Conversation Maker

@hjmArtGallery  No, your shop is not in the test but your account is.  Etsy tests by user account, not by shops, so you will see all shops with this new layout but someone else, who is not in the test, will see your description still on the right hand side.  

1 Like

I know it looks odd but it appears to me, they are trying to code the main site to mirror the look of the app by having the description under the photos. Cleaning up the already cluttered look of things.

Honestly, I have sympathy for the IT people….must be a nightmare of a job. But always happy to see changes that move forward.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.