TheFoxAndTheKing
Inspiration Seeker

New Etsy seller app

I can see Etsy are pushing the new Etsy seller app, I'm assuming they'll phase out the old. I used to use the new one but it logged me out and now when I try to log in it says there is no shop associated with my log in details. There absolutely is! Anyone else had this issue or know how I successfully log in to the new app? Thanks 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
39 Replies
TheLaserPlace
Inspiration Seeker

Re: New Etsy seller app

I am not sure how to solve your issue, but the notifications and listing management do not work correctly on the new seller app.  This is integral to my business.  I hope they let us keep the old app until they fix all the "new and improved" things.  Also, why does Etsy do major changes around the Holidays.  Seriously, this is not the first time for a major change in the years I have been on here!  UGH!

7 Likes
irmaKdesigns
Conversation Maker

I got a blue banner for new app also, but I'm dreading to switch. @TheLaserPlace would you mind sharing what are the issues with notifications in the new app? Thank you.

1 Like
TheLaserPlace
Inspiration Seeker

Try email notifications only.  No visible or auditory notification.  It did send a notification to my smartwatch eventually, but no picture.  I need the picture because it allows me to possibly ship same day.

1 Like
moodyboudoir
Community Curator

My heart sunk when I saw the notification. Every internet change seems to make things worse, not better. The app generally works fine as it is and I'm anticipating hassle with the new one.

4 Likes
PushnUpDaisies
Inspiration Seeker

I thought it was only me with this new app. It has my listings in all the wrong categories. I could go on and on. This is just horrible. Etsy needs to leave the original app alone until they fix this horrible new app. I’m so frustrated. 

10 Likes
TheLaserPlace
Inspiration Seeker

Nope - it's not just you.  I uninstalled.  The old app still works for me fine.  It's frustrating when I would like detailed stats on Etsy advertising I buy (more than the last 7 days of data, and be able to download for analysis) but instead we get a half baked app right before the biggest buying season of the year.

Sorry venting.

7 Likes
irmaKdesigns
Conversation Maker

The push for new app is quite aggressive, it's a pop-up now. I guess I'll try to hold on to the old one untill there is no choice. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Same thing here. I've tried about a dozen times to login over the last several weeks and same thing. Way to go Etsy!

1 Like
TheFoxAndTheKing
Inspiration Seeker

glad it's not just me!

1 Like
CinderResin
Inspiration Seeker

I'm struggling to get on board with the new app..personalisation is easily viewable from the old app... the new one requires multiple clicks to get to the right area.

I will continue to use the old one until I can't any more.

3 Likes
TheFoxAndTheKing
Inspiration Seeker

I used to be able to log in and this was an issue I had. THe personalisation view on the current/old app is fine and can see from the order list easily but it takes so many more clicks on the new. Not that I can get in to it now anyway!

0 Likes

Has anyone found a way to access financials on the new app? I can't find a path to my payment account OR to my bill??

1 Like

When you open the new app in the right hand top corner is a little gear-looking button. Click that and it will take you to a menu. Scroll, there should be a tab for payment account. Might be call finances too, can't remember.

2 Likes

I know! Where are the financials? And I haven't found a way to see which items are getting views.

1 Like

The grey gear icon in the upper right!  Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thanks, BabySofties! That got me there... not intuitive, imo... i was looking at the bottom right, where it used to be under the 3 lines marked "more". silly me, lol.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a pretty awful UI—even for Etsy standards.

When the old app is no longer available, I’ll be switching to the mobile browser version I suppose. At least that version makes sense. 

3 Likes

I miss the dashboard in the new app:-(

1 Like
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

Still can’t use it on a horizontal iPad. That renders it totally useless to me and many others.

4 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

lots of us have been using the new app for months now. I still use the old one more. But understand the old one will be phased out in the spring- I heard. I also just have Etsy open in a browser on my ipad/iphone. Easier that way.

2 Likes
UppNorthCo
Community Maker

I can't see where to uninstall it.  I only like the app for sales.  The cha ching is horrible.  so loud and coarse, worse than eBay.  and it doesn't show what you sold, but does show the buyer's avatar and if they have a photo of themselves it's a bit disconcerting.   I want to see what sold, not who bought it.  I clicked the blue banner and wish I never did.

2 Likes

I remember several years ago when they did this on the desktop version!!  So many complaints that they soon reverted back to item sold rather than someone's avatar.  Seems that Etsy forgets previous mistakes or user feedback......

3 Likes
AmoreTreasure
Conversation Maker

A photo of the buyer is worthless.  They tried this same stupid tactic with the activity feed a few years ago.  Thought they were "keeping commerce human".  <insert eye roll>.  They received such an outcry from people that wanted a photo of the product that sold not the avatar of the buyer that they finally changed it back.  This was just about the only bad idea in a sea of bad ideas that I've actually seen them reverse.  You would think they would have learned but apparently not.

0 Likes

I gave up and thank goodness, I still had the old app on my Ipad.  I was able to air drop it to my phone and now I am a happy little camper again.  The new app is NOT simpler, it is NOT intuitive, it requires too much opening and closing of a little tab here or there and way more time.  The most frustrating app I think I have ever used in the 9 million years I have been using computers.  ( so old I had to learn how to program a TRS 80, so I know apps but I digress.  I tried, I really, really tried, for 3 months to use that new app.  I would like to know the complaints about the "old" app and why it needed to change.  Job security I guess for IT but seriously it just stunk.  It was easy to go to the actual dot com on my mobile devices and just list as though I was sitting at a desktop, albeit the type was really tiny !  Ok, just adding my vent.  If you don't have the new app, don't get it... you will be so very, very sad.  

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.