New App ~ Cha ching Issue on Android

Hello ~ tried to get help from customer support but once again to no avail so I am coming here for help from fellow sellers. Has anyone had an issue with receiving the 'cha ching' notification on the new app on an Android phone? And if so, was there a solution? 

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
31 Replies

Re: New App ~ Cha ching Issue on Android

In addition to selecting the notifications you would like within the app, you most likely ALSO need to select the correct notification settings within your phone to give permission for Etsy app notifications

2 Likes

Yes, I have done those things, didn't know if it was something uncommon causing the issue. I guess I will wait and see if the issue continues.

0 Likes

That is not the issue; the problem lies in the seller app. Just 3 days after the old app was disabled, the cha-ching disappeared. In fact, all notifications(which I have enabled on app and on phone) stopped sounding off. All quiet on the etsy front, though I am getting sales, favs, and messages. Weird and lonely retail silence...longing to hear the ting-a-ling over the door to my shop again...

4 Likes

@HeartofGodRanch: In addition to the excellent advice from @RandysExoticWoods there are lots and lots of threads in this forum about issues with app and eMail notifications. The consensus is that a seller needs to check their shop for orders and messages at least daily via a browser, just in case, until these issues are resolved.

1 Like

I posted this problem last week.  Heard a Cha-Ching...yeah!  However, it was a little late.  I had sold the items weeks ago and was just now getting the Cha-Ching!  lol  What is going on?  

1 Like
LeahiGifts
Inspiration Seeker

No cha ching on the new Etsy seller app on my iPad to alert me of a sale! Very frustrating. 

2 Likes

When I first downloaded the app there has always been a Cha Ching sound, this however stopped just over a month ago and now is the same sound for order, message & reviews 

1 Like

Same with my IPhone

1 Like
artbyjocelyn
Conversation Maker

Same with my Google Pixel. I checked all my settings. Other than that, I guess I'm moving on. If it works again one day, it does, if no, ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

4 Likes

Download the Zedge app and search for Etsy. You can then download the cha-ching sound along with any other sounds you like and save to your phone's own media file. Now go into the notification sounds for the Etsy app and choose the custom sound you just downloaded from Zedge. This was my workaround and it's been perfect ever since. Hope this helps! 

4 Likes
artbyjocelyn
Conversation Maker

Not sure I want to go to the extent of downloading a 3rd party app.

4 Likes

I had to go in the Etsy App settings to notifications and then you have the option to select sounds for purchases, messages, favorites etc. The only thing is the Cha-ching sound is not there because the sounds are only what your phone has. I choose the piggy bank sound and separate sound for messages. 

3 Likes
artbyjocelyn
Conversation Maker

On a side note, wow, your fabric purses are stunning!

1 Like

no ca ching on my android  plus the new app sucks!!!

i miss that ca ching

1 Like
2DogzArt
Inspiration Seeker

So far I'm not happy with the new app. No longer getting the cha-ching and no longer able to post on Instragram and Facebook. Very frustrating. 

1 Like

@artbyjocelyn Thank you so much

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

android user here, sometimes it is the android settings as mentioned above. I get the Ka ching & vibrate. 

And sometimes I have to restart my phone after I've made changes to activate the changes. It definitely used to be that way sometimes with the orange app RIP.

1 Like

OP, I have an Android phone, too. Go to Notifications in the new Etsy, look at notification for sales,  then click that and choose the ka-ching sound. Mine said notify me, but didn't specify which sound. I hope this suggestion helps.

2 Likes
2DogzArt
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you this was helpful!

0 Likes

I have an iphone and I have not had the cha-ching on the new seller app, even when it was in the testing stage before it was released. I get a plain notification just like any other email or notification. It really reduces the excitement for a seller and the overall experience with the platform.

2 Likes

Update - (iphone) - I updated my OS, downloaded the cha-ching ringtone, but in the phone and Etsy app settings there is nowhere that I can assign a ringtone. In addition, this weekend when creating new listings the new Etsy seller app repeatedly crashed. The app, in my opinion, is overall a HUGE downgrade and EXTREMELY inconvenient for sellers.

2 Likes

I didn't have the cha ching for about the first week (Android) but now it works fine without me having done anything, just like the old app.  

1 Like

I am receiving the cha-ching notification now; yet I don't like how the notification that appears highlights who the buyer is and the word 'cha-ching' which are both not relevant information to me. I liked how the old app highlighted the 'item; that was bought as this was much more useful information for me as a seller as it gave me a visual of items that are currently selling better than others.

1 Like

iPhone - My cha ching went away about a month ago. I fiddled with it, updated my OS, talked to Apple and fiddled with it some more. It started working for a few days then went silent again. I agree it is way less exciting not having the tone sound off when you make a sale.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.