blzopbhi
Community Curator

Nesting C

I seem to recall that a reply to a reply would be nested under the post to which it replied:

OP: the sky is blue

Reply 1: No, it is green

Reply a to reply 1: Actually it a shade of red

Reply B to reply 1: Your shop has IP infringements (directed at OP, but member replied to Reply 1 and not to original post)

Reply 2: Maybe because the grass is green

Reply A to reply 2: 

But now, when replying to a post, the reply shows only after the last post in the thread:

OP: the sky is blue

Reply 1 (to OP): No, it is green

Reply a to reply 1: Actually it a shade of red

Reply 2 (to OP): Maybe because the grass is green

Reply A to reply 2: The sky has no color.  What you see is refraction of sunlight.

Reply B to reply 1: Your shop has IP infringements (directed at OP, but member replied to Reply 1 and not to original post, but it shows up under Reply 2 because it was posted after Reply 2 was posted.)

This makes some members appear to be less than courteous and wrong about what they say.  Nor is this a standard method of nesting on any other forum I've ever engaged with.

Would love to see this corrected!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Nesting C

The order in which Forum replies display on the page depends on the Sort option the viewer choses (via the Options menu at the top of each thread). It sounds as if you have chosen Sort by Oldest to Newest. Chose Sort by Topics if you want to see all replies to appear under the response to which they reply. Whichever option you choose applies on all Forum threads you view.

4 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Check your settings, they seem to revert on their own sometimes.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

I've not experienced this issue yet. Where the reply is placed depends on which reply button you click on before writing the reply (I think).

1 Like
BlackCatTheory
Conversation Maker

@ChristmasIsLove  and   @OneEyeCatStudio  LOL, this has been driving me crazy for over a month. Thank you so much for pointing that out!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.