My shop has been "on hold" for verification since September!

Hi all, I'm on the verge of just closing my shop and forgetting about Etsy.  I gave them all the verification info they asked for, and they still have my shop shut down.  I have messaged them, it takes them about a month to get back to me and they just tell me to reply to the original email that was sent, which I did a long time ago.  There's just no help for this issue.  I have every legal document that I need to have and have uploaded them to Etsy.  I just purchased another business and would like to get that on Etsy too, but at this rate, I'm asking myself, why bother?

I know a lot of people had this problem but is anyone else STILL waiting??

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
4 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: My shop has been "on hold" for verification since September!

What kind of verification? Have you verified with Plaid? That’s the only verification I have ever had to do.

1 Like

Seems a rather long wait, have you replied to the original email with "I still need help?"

Maybe try a call back from Etsy, something has obviously gone wrong 

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling&fbclid=IwAR3XJULkao3ZPR8XcOEf2A7143n87Xt...

1 Like

@EllieGraceBaby  - This may have nothing to do with Etsy slow response, but maybe read thru this & be sure you're in compliance with everything:

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/handmade-well-made-design-and/1026513040312

The article includes links when it comes to products for children.

I noticed you do have some reviews thru December 2023. But I believe Etsy did mention pausing shops if they did not receive the required information for identification checks, etc. 

If the first email they sent you was in September & it's now mid-April, I honestly don't know what to say. Keep on trying to reply or request updates thru that original thread - or - open an entirely new help ticket & take your chances.

0 Likes
Amazira
Inspiration Seeker

I am having the same issue, etsy emailed me a month ago to ask me to upload another bank statement (than the one I have been using for the past 5 years), I have uploaded a new bank statement but they can still not verify it.

They closed my shop twice this month but re opened it after I sent an email saying there was no need to close my shop while they were verifying my bank details.

Etsy has not paid me for 1 month now and I am getting really stressed as you can imagine. I have tried to contact them multiple time over the phone, they escalated the issue each time to a service who sends me the same email saying ''you need to upload another bank statement'' but the payment setting page does not allow me to do so and as soon as I enter my bank details the page keeps jumping back to the payment setting page not letting me upload the bank statement.

I have not heard from them since 5 days even though I called them again today and my financial situation is getting critical as I live solely from etsy and don't have much savings...

If you have any tips on how to resolve this issue I will be forever grateful!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.