RazKenCa
Inspiration Seeker

My seller account got limited

One of our seller accounts on Etsy got limited access.

I noticed this suddenly happened when I tried to update my billing payment card which was expired.

Now I can't see the listings or the orders. I have been on Etsy for 5 years. I have never faced with this issue before.

I sent support tickets, and called Etsy, but no action at all. It has been almost 2 days and I am totally blocked.

Is there any way to expedite this to have it resolved?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: My seller account got limited

@RazKenCa: "One of my seller accounts on Etsy got limited access." We may have just missed it on your shop, but are you aware that "If you choose to run multiple shops on Etsy, you must list all the shops you run in the Public Profile section of each account" ?  https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017604474-How-to-Open-a-Second-Shop-on-Etsy?segment=selli...

"I sent support tickets ..." Every eMail from Etsy support should have a link something like "I Still Need Help". Click on that link in each reply from Etsy (or actually reply stating that you still need help) to keep the report alive otherwise Etsy will assume that it is resolved. You may have to do this innumerable times, before anything is done but do not give up. DO NOT open a new issue or contact Etsy multiple times about the same issue (doing so appears to close the one you already opened and puts the new one on the bottom of the pile).

1 Like
RazKenCa
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for bring that to my attention!

I am not aware of that, but when I said "different seller accounts", I meant it's totally a different entity. Owners are different. I manage them all as a key person.

For example, we are an officially registered business as a co-operation having many partners, but some of the partners have individually seller accounts that belongs to them, different tax returns, different expenses and payrolls, selling totally different products and serve different countries.

Does this still apply?

Also, I looked for the link "I Still Need Help" in the email I got from Etsy, but nothing is there. It just has "Terms of use" which is the only clickable link.

Am I missing something here?

0 Likes

@RazKenCa   What matters are these sellers not on Etsy.  If you manage sellers on other venues then no problem.  If however the seller is on Etsy and you have the ability to log into their shop that can be a problem.  Especially if that seller has problems such as IP.  Etsy shuts down any shops associated because they have no idea who is the owner or if this is a money laundering attempt.

Unfortunately Etsy removes everything about a shop so offering any advice that might be on what was being sold is not able to be seen even in a cached version.  (Or at least I can't find it)

Can you return the email?  If so request that Etsy call you if you are willing to supply phone number or try this Submit a request – Etsy Help

Your shop appears unfinished but that could be because of Etsy .  Were these gift items you designed and either made or had a POD make for you?  That could be another reason even if you have been on Etsy for years. 

1 Like

@RazKenCa: Don't want to speak for Etsy, but if you are the 'key person', then it would seem logical to infer that you "run multiple shops on Etsy". Logins to multiple shops from the same IP address, for example, would probably lead Etsy to the same conclusion. You run the risk that if one shop is closed down, they all will be.

As @JDTotesnDolls suggested, try replying to the eMail you received if there is no link.

0 Likes

Have you updated the bank card?  What do you mean by limited access?  Have you been suspended?

How to Reinstate Your Suspended Account – Etsy

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

It looks like Etsy has shut down your shop.

Do all of "your" (I quote because I'm not clear about it) shops sell POD?

It might be a case of it looking like you have duplicate shops.

Have you tried  Request a Callback

1 Like
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

uh oh. that shop was very active earlier today.  dominoes.

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Oh.  Interesting.

I guess the OP won't be back, then.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.