ElviraTGOR
Inspiration Seeker

My listing was was automatically deactivated but I don't know why

I recently listed a 90s vintage adidas t-shirt and the listing was automatically deactivated. I have listed several items by this brand, all vintage,  and this is the firs time it has happened to me. I always make sure to provide lots of high res photos with all the labels etc. In response I received a generic email form etsy that the listing is suspended due to the policy violation saying conterfeits are not allowed on the platform. The problem is this is 100% genuine article of clothing that belonged to my dad, which he bought back in the 90s new. It is really frustrating as it seems that there are no humans working for etsy and all I get is generic responses listing all the same policy violation spiel syaing the decision is final. Has anyone ever managed to get their listing reinstated? Also, are there any words I should avoid when listing so this won't happen again.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: My listing was was automatically deactivated but I don't know why

Hi @ElviraTGOR I'm new so can't advise you on this, but I'm bumping your thread back up the list. Good luck : )

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

It's a bot that deactivated it. Try contacting Etsy.

0 Likes

You will need Etsy to take a look at it and reactivate it.

0 Likes

Even though it may be vintage, it doesn’t mean that it is an authentic vintage piece. It could be a bootleg knock off.

Etsy most likely received a report from Adidas itself claiming it was counterfeit.  There will be no appeal, and I would not recommend relisting it unless you want to risk permanent shop removal.

Many of us have stopped listing vintage designer items because it is simply too risky.

0 Likes
catfluff
Conversation Maker

OP says it was automatically deactivated so Addidas wouldnt not have had the time to claim it was counterfeit .   It would have been bots thst are programmed to do so.

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

A reinstated listing is possible but in your case you said etsy's decision is "final". 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.