My experience Shopping on Etsy today!

Jump to solution

You can see this is posted under "Tech" issues, which is appropriate.

I will not be complaining about the colorful banners or search - but I am seriously concerned for how my own Buyers deal with what I encountered.

Constant 400 Bad Request errors.  There's just nothing to do, other than to close out my browser, and try again.  I could search in an incognito window, and take notes of the items I wanted, so I could do it quick before I got another error.

I even got an error as I was checking out - multiple shops, and I didn't know if the whole thing went through or not.  I was buying digital listings, so I started seeing emails with the order confirmations, and a link to download my items on Etsy - which did not work, because of more Bad Requests.   Once I was able to get on Etsy again, I still had an item in cart with the cart notice - even though it was included in the combined checkout.  I didn't feel like dealing with this again, so marked it saved for later.  I may or may not buy it at some time in the future.

Got my downloads, happy with the ones I was able to purchase.

Now I have the review reminder, and as is my habit with multiple items from shops, I left star-only feedback on the Buyer app, with no comments.  All's good, and that should be the end of it.

But.

On laptop, I see the review reminders there, and when I click my profile and reviews, I'm getting this -

Sorry, we're having trouble loading your recent purchases.

Please try Purchases and Review

And I can click on my Purchases and Reviews, and see my reviewed items right there.

But nothing clears that review reminder number.  I guess I would need to sign out of my account and back in again, but I'm not in the mood to do that today.

I think it's a comedy of errors, personally.  I don't need any advice on temporary fixes.

I just want to show people what our Buyers could be experiencing.

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
35 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: My experience Shopping on Etsy today!

Jump to solution

Still wasn't able to log into Etsy in Chrome this morning - finally did the clear cache including cookies, after reading if your Chrome account has "sync" (whatever that is) you won't get signed out of all your other accounts.  So far, so good, and I was able to sign into my Etsy on Chrome just now.  I guess this is what I'll need to do, going forward, if I encounter the "bad request" error again.

View solution in original post

2 Likes
22 Replies

Jump to solution

* Just signed out, and tried signing back in again.

Can you guess?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

After three tries - closing my browser each time - I figured I better stop for today, before I get my account blocked.

"Sorry, an error occurred - try again later"

Again - imagine this happening to one of YOUR buyers.

6 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Well that stinks.  I've been seeing Threads re: bad requests. And when enough people start saying the same thing, there is a problem.  Then there is another Thread where Sellers are suddenly having orders on hold (not being processed). One Seller had 10 of them today. Now your Bad Request.  Not good; Holiday sales and you know there are other Buyers experiencing the same as you. And they'll bolt.

I made a purchase a few days ago; didn't receive an error.  But that was dumb luck.  And yes, you should be in Tech. Issues. I wonder if you should "at" Admin ampersay.

5 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

ETA: I forgot to say; using Chrome, Windows 10.  But mind you, my purchase was a few days ago.  I didn't try today.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It sounds like your ISP is having server issues meeting Etsy's server.  

While Etsy has glitches true enough.  Other issues are browser used, OS used, If anything under Windows 10 then that is asking for problems.  ISPs have issues too.  Rerouting.  Even so much as a rainy day, brick building can hamper transmission.  

There are a whole host of issues that can be buyer related and not Etsy only.   I seldom have problems with ETty but can have the same sort of issues with other sites at times.  I have talked to those in the know and they say much of the problem lies in home use of computers and devices. There is a great deal that can interfere, even something as simple as a brick building or weak broadband.  

It's frustrating when it does happen.  I usually have to shut down when it happens and try again later or another day.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Only recently, only Etsy.  Nothing is changed on my end.  I'm still not able to log back in on Chrome, and I'm loathe to clear my cookies, and need to sign into everything again.  Will try just the cache.

Currently signed in on MSN, no issues.

Again - Chrome is a very popular browser - think of our customers experiencing this.

9 Likes

Jump to solution

I also get lots of Bad Request errors, and only when I'm trying to load Etsy pages. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails I made 2 purchases last week and both were pains in the ***. After "losing" the transactions at the final stages several times, I switched from Chrome to Edge and both transactions went through seemlessly. However, it was lucky for the Sellers that I really wanted those specific items because, otherwise, I would have left Etsy and tried eBay etc!!!!!

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I have to use Edge now.  Cleared my cache & history on Chrome, even restarted my laptop.

Can't log in at all.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I use Edge with Windows10 and made a couple of Etsy purchases today without issues...

0 Likes
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Jump to solution

That's just horrible! 

I also worry something is being brewed in Etsy potion room. Most of the times the site is this glitchy ... nothing good follows

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Still wasn't able to log into Etsy in Chrome this morning - finally did the clear cache including cookies, after reading if your Chrome account has "sync" (whatever that is) you won't get signed out of all your other accounts.  So far, so good, and I was able to sign into my Etsy on Chrome just now.  I guess this is what I'll need to do, going forward, if I encounter the "bad request" error again.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Well - it lasted little more than 2 days.  Window shopping on Etsy for cute stuff with my husband, since he's off work today.  Bad request and oops-something-went-wrong.  Me, as a Buyer.

1 Like
UppNorthCo
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I get the bad request in Chrome all the time.  So I just come to this shop in Firefox and it never happens.  obviously there is no problem with my ISP as has been suggested above.    I never log out of any shop.  If I ever do I get the "a new log in, device etc." and I am scared to death etsy will close my shop due to "suspicious activity."  This is easily the glitchiest site I use.

you do have to wonder how we get any orders.  are the buyers just persistent?

8 Likes

Jump to solution

Bingo!  The whole point of my thread.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I keep having issues when I go to print a shipping label. Errors and Oh Ohs all the time. I work on this around the day job now. Nothing goes late but I can only try so many times! Then the new, crappy app that doesn't let me do anything. There was a problem loading your Dashboard, only so many minutes I can waste watching the wheel spin. Etsy has been good to me for a lot of years but I am so over it.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

There has been all kinds of glitchy stuff going on. I clicked on an Etsy shop from google shopping and it told me the site wasn't safe. I think they have messed around too much and messed things up badly now.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I do recall a year or so back they announced you needed to update to the "New" version of Chrome as they were no longer going to be supporting the old version. Wonder if that could be it? I generally use Edge.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I use Safari and generally don’t have much trouble. I did have an error message earlier when trying to write back to a buyer, but the message went through fine, or so it showed, but I believe I was using Brave that time. 

On a possibly related or possibly not note, I had that same buyer message me saying she couldn’t download one of the three patterns she purchased. She said she had no trouble with the other two, but one wouldn’t download. On my end, the order says all three have been downloaded. I just emailed her a copy, then re-uploaded the pattern PDF into the listing and have my fingers crossed the next buyer won’t experience the same issue, but your post here has me wondering if that’s going to become a common glitch.

0 Likes
Mintleaf
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have been trying to load my cart for days but just get an error. I basically just give up and don't buy anything. I have also cleared my cache, but it didn't help one bit. I try loading through Chrome and the app, which both freeze and give me errors. 

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I'm sorry this happend to you @PillowDetails, that royally sucks!  With all the glitches happeing recently (all the time?), I have to wonder if we should all downoad and save our listingss daily - you know, just in case Etsy actually completely crashes?  I remember someone posted about this in the forums a while back ... might be time to actually take action!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Do you have a VPN, Some days (not all the time which is confusing) I have trouble doing anything on etsy but soon as I pause my vpn it works perfect. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.