My descriptions have disappeared

I appear to have lost my descriptions today. I checked other shops on Etsy and cant see their descriptions either. Can anyone advise what is happening. Is it a site update that I am not aware of etc. Would like to know if we are all in the same boat

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
23 Replies
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

Re: My descriptions have disappeared

It’s a test. You will find descriptions below reviews.

0 Likes

What? Why?

0 Likes

Good God how are buyers supposed to find it. I couldn't. Thank you for the advice. Do you know anymore about the test as I was unaware of it. ie duration etc. Thank you

0 Likes

@VintageJewelleryCo 

Etsy never tells they are running a test and never tells when it will end or if it will become permanent.  We will know it is permanent if it rolls out for everyone--otherwise it will just one day go away.

0 Likes

Why a test without telling the sellers? If I cannot find it, how is a buyer supposed to find it? It should stay on top where it has always been. Why fix or change something that was not broken? This makes no sense.  I do not want to search a site for the description.

0 Likes

Descriptions are there in Chrome and Explorer, could it be just the APP? 

0 Likes

@CryzalisDesigns 

They are there--just next to impossible to find

1 Like

@ThePurplePuppy yes a bit like our shop name. It is like Etsy is trying to wipe individuality from the site.

Thankfully we can still have our banner (for now) but even this is only on our front page

1 Like

IF sellers cannot even find them on their own listings how does Etsy expect buyers to find them??

6 Likes

Exactly. This is the worst idea/test ever. I can't understand how burying descriptions could possibly be beneficial to buyers or sellers.

1 Like

I have contacted Etsy yesterday about this problem. Everyone selling on Etsy is missing the description. I am surprised everyone is not complaining. I contacted them yesterday about this issue and they said they would forward it to tech support and that it would be fixed but it is not fixed. I just tried to contact support but no one answered me in chat.

1 Like

@LilyPadPrimitives 

Etsy is not going to "fix" it as  there is nothing to fix. This is the way it is intended to be.

And that "forwarding to a tech team" is just their standard scripted reply.  Chat is outsourced--not Etsy employees and they simply read from a script.

3 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

And another support person told a seller it was a test, so it's obvious not a one of them knows what they're talking about.

Talking to support is like putting a nickel into one of the old-fashioned fortune-telling machines they used to have at fairs, and you'd probably get a more satisfactory answer out of one those.

6 Likes

Someone said it was under all the reviews. I checked and it is true. Why on earth did they put it on the bottom of the page is crazy. How is a buyer supposed to know that if the seller even has a hard time finding it? Someone else mentioned it was a test they are doing. I think we ALL need to contact Etsy and tell them to put it back on top where a potential buyer can find it and not way down on the bottom under the reviews. Why fix something that was not broken and make it broken and confusing?

0 Likes

@LilyPadPrimitives 

There is no point in everybody contacting them and complaining. They will do whatever they want no matter what sellers ask for. This has been proven over and over in the past.

And that just ties up resources and makes it harder to get help when needed.

2 Likes

I just checked my other 2 shops and they are not in this test--descriptions are on the right like they have been for some time. This account is in the test.

Guess if I want to buy something I will search from my other shops (accounts actually) so I can find the descriptions!

0 Likes

All my item descriptions are missing. It should not be on the bottom where no one can find it and they should not have a test without warning the seller if indeed it is a test. They need to put it back on top where a potential buyer can find it and see it. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
FeltFunky
Conversation Maker

But I often read on the Forums that it's not the shop that's in the test, but the account?

0 Likes

Someone mentioned they are testing. The description can now be found all the way at the bottom of your listing under the reviews. Why on the bottom is outrageous. How is a buyer to know it is on the bottom if even the seller cannot find it. It should stay on top under the title so the buyer can see the description right away and not need to search all over for it. We should all Contact Etsy and complain. They did not even notify us they were doing this.

0 Likes

They never notify us about tests. And sellers have been complaining for a few weeks now.

0 Likes

they have been in overdrive this year "fixing" things that were not broken or problematic to start with all year, whilst the important things like customer service, people being scammed or hacked seems to be increasing with little to no way to contact.. hey but at least we have a new orange banner and slowly it is starting to look like Etsy is selling all the items as shop names, descriptions & policies are becoming impossible to see or find

3 Likes

The new orange banner is only visible for me on Edge, but not on Firefox.
I hope it is also only a test, as underneath the orange banner the menu bar has a lilac background, and this combination  is horrible.

0 Likes

Betreff: My descriptions have disappeared

It is at least the second time they "test" it. My descriptions disappeard from the upper right corner about a month ago and were moved  underneath the reviews. I was happy when that test was obviously over and my descriptions were back at the top.
Now it happened again. I also found out that it is affecting Edge, but not FireFox.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.