My account is suspended because negative balance but It is not

Hello everyone,

I have an issue about suspended account. 

Yesterday, I have refunded 2 orders. 1 refunded order from requested by buyer due to shipment issue. 1 refunded order that I made by myself.

the refund that I made by myself, when I made, my credit card was not enough money, so it was declined. I deposited to the credit card and did it again and completed.

Now all my sales covered all fees. But in this morning, I received an email that my Etsy payment is negative balance, and they cannot charge my credit card. But my credit card now has around 20USD. 

I already updated again my credit card on Etsy Payment and checked that I don't have any negative balance. I already made a file to appeal this case.

So, could you help me to teach me what is wrong with my payment account? and how can I avoid in the future? 

Thank you so much.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: My account is suspended because negative balance but It is not

Etsy doesn't like sellers who can't pay their bills.  They want a seller with a valid, working credit card they can charge in case of chargebacks and problems.

You failed that test... and got suspended.

Only Etsy can help you.

2 Likes

So, I just can wait them to check again? As I read the help, that this case is just temporary suspended. Is it right? 

How much should we put into credit card? 

0 Likes

@ThienThanhAgarwoodVN The message which is showing on your Shop is consistent with the one Etsy places on closed accounts. Your Profile also has the "Uh Oh. Sorry, the member you are looking for does not exist." message which indicates that your whole account has been closed.

This does not, usually, happen if a CC is out of date or not functional. 

Just to be clear, you need a valid, functioning Bank Account to receive Etsy Deposits. You also need a valid, functioning Credit Card (or equivalent) to cover account deficits such as fees or refunds.

This does not look like a "temporary suspension", but a permanent closure. 

This is the link to the process of appeal

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/6298920789271-How-to-File-an-Appeal-for-a-Permanently-Suspen...

2 Likes

Hello @CarpetCollectionAU

I checked my store, they show: " ThienThanhAgarwoodVN is currently not selling on Etsy
We’re here if you need help with an order from this shop. Have questions? Visit our Help Center."

Not " member does not exist".

I just received the email that I have to update my CC again and no words in the email that my account is permanent suspended.

I read the help that if my account is permanent suspended. It will have Permanent suspended words in subtitle of mail.

0 Likes

@ThienThanhAgarwoodVN If you click on your Profile you will see the  "Uh Oh. Sorry, the member you are looking for does not exist." message

The "currently not selling on Etsy" message which is showing in your Shop is the one Etsy places so Buyers who may have issues after a Shop is closed have a way of contacting Etsy.

This may not be the information you wish to hear, but it certainly looks like a closure, not a suspension, at this time.

It may well be that there are 2 things happening at the same time. The Bank/CC issue is one. But there may also be another issue as well (such as selling "handmade" items which have been judged to be not "handmade" by you) 

The appeal process seems to be the only way you can have the closure reversed. Just updating Bank/CC may not be enough at this stage.

Also, no Reviews are showing and, if you click on your Sales "402 Sales" at the top of your Shop Front page, this leads to the "Uh oh" page and no Sales are visible.

1 Like

@CarpetCollectionAU ,

Thank you, I just check the profile and it is what you said. 

But now in the email from Etsy, they just showed me about the issue about the bank/cc. It does not have any mentions about the second issue. 

If I have another issue, will Etsy show it to me by email?

I made the appeal and now waiting. I hope everything will be okay. 

0 Likes

@ThienThanhAgarwoodVN I cannot advise if, and how, Etsy will inform you about why your Shop is closed.  As I said above, there may well be another issue, not just the Bank/CC one, but Etsy is not always good at communicating the reasons why a Shop is permanently closed

0 Likes

@CarpetCollectionAU 

Luckily, I received the email that my negative balance was covered, and my account will be active again in 24 hours. thanks god.

Hope everything will be okay now

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.