Multiple review reminders overwhelming customers and may be driving them away.

Is there any way to contact someone at Etsy about the multiple reminders to leave reviews that are driving shoppers away from Etsy? I don't believe the people who make these decisions have ever shopped on Etsy, which should be a requirement, so that they fully understand what the shopping experience is like. When they click to remove the reminder, it should be done. Every time they sign back on to Etsy it appears again and it's annoying to say the least. I know this because I too am a customer. 

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
18 Replies

Re: Multiple review reminders overwhelming customers and may be driving them away.

It is annoying, but not much we can do about it. Etsy put that in place.

1 Like

Re: Multiple review reminders overwhelming customers and may be driving them away.

I agree and as a customer as well as a seller I have one reminder that comes up again and again and again.  I haven't left a review because it would be less than 5 stars and I'd rather leave no review than an indifferent one but I'm tempted to leave one just to get rid of the pop up.

1 Like
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

@SilversmithcoUSA  Use the help link and send Etsy an email.

1 Like

I've tried and I wasn't able to send because they kept bringing me back to ask the community. Also I don't think anyone as low on the totem pole as a customer service rep is going to change etsy policies. 

0 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

@SilversmithcoUSA  Then you are at a standstill.  There isn’t anything else you can do.  Ignore it, and move on.

0 Likes

If Etsy marketing doesn't shop with Etsy, then they don't realize it's an issue. I'm trying to get the word out that it is an issue. 

0 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

Okay, Carry on.  I need to go out and weed.  Weeds are my biggest pesky problem today.

3 Likes
FrameTowne
Conversation Maker

At the very least, review should be expected for an entire ORDER, not each individual item.  I ordered 4 of a supply and had to leave 4 separate reviews with 5 words for each one, that was just ..... aghgh.   It seems pretty redundant and an easy fix to just have one review PER ORDER not per item.

2 Likes

I disagree since many people do not buy supplies but individual items not related to each other.  Each item deserves a review.

Easiest one is to write one and the copy to paste on the other 3.  I do that all the time when a buy multiple items in supplies.

1 Like

I personally don't like leaving reviews and I don't want to be reminded twice for the same item.  Part of the reason is the being forced to leave 5 words. 

3 Likes

The same , you have to write something 

1 Like

I have recently bought on Etsy.  I do not receive an overwhelming amount of notices.  I receive the email one.  Then for a while I received the one upon entering Etsy.  There was another as well.  It's not a huge amount and the some can very easily be ignored.

I am out of the test.  I no longer have the dot reminding me to leave reviews.  And now my purchases and purchase reviews are together.

Since I am not in the test now, I receive only the email if I have not already written a review.  I only have the notice to leave a review on my purchases page.

Not everyone sees the same thing.  Not everyone is in the same test.  Don't assume all buyers are getting such notifications.  Everyone goes in and out of tests all the time.   

0 Likes

You seem to enjoy any communication you get. Many customers don't. They are there to shop and there should be a button that says, don't contact me for reviews. Don't assume that upsetting a few buyers is ok. It's not. 

6 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

Shopping here is choice.  Many people choose not to shop on Etsy for a variety of reasons.  Review reminders are just one of those reasons.  I bet Etsy management is aware of all of them.

A possible fix might be on the someday/maybe list in a pile on someone’s desk.

0 Likes
obgoestomarket
Conversation Maker

@SilversmithcoUSA -clearly you didn't understand what @JDTotesnDolls said. Also as a buyer I haver NEVER been overwhelmed with review reminders, so don't assume. 

0 Likes

I agree with you 100%.  It almost makes me not want to purchase anything on Etsy again.  There are a few items that I have purchased that I'm not really happy with, but I don't want to leave a bad review for a small business either.  I even wrote Etsy a note saying something like "do you really want me to leave a bad review for someone"?  They never answered.  It's annoying seeing those numbers at the top of the page every time you log in, you think you might have a sale.  In addition, there is a pop up at the bottom of the page, too.  If you don't respond within a couple of weeks, they should take them down.  I find it interesting that Etsy doesn't want us to contact anyone, but then they keep pushing reviews.

1 Like

I agree. There would be a lot less stressed out sellers if they stopped pushing people to review. Sometimes they get pushed for a review on something they haven't even received yet.

0 Likes

@SilversmithcoUSA Go old school. Write a letter to Josh at HQ. I bet you'll get a response. (Of some sort.)

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.