Multiple Shops Linked to 1 Etsy Pattern Website

Jump to solution

Good Morning!
This may seem frivolous technical question but I can't find a decisive answer in Etsy help.
Can you link multiple etsy shops to your 1 Off Etsy (Pattern) website?

That way, with an Etsy Pattern website one can import your items from both etsy shops into the 1 etsy pattern website.

Etsy Shop A links to Owned Pattern Website named C
Etsy Shop B links to Owned Pattern Website named C

My brain tells me I can do this but want to double check before I get too involved in setting up.

Thanx in Advance!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Multiple Shops Linked to 1 Etsy Pattern Website

Jump to solution

No, you can't do it.  Pattern uses the same back end as Etsy.  All of your orders and listings are part of all of your Etsy orders and listings, so there is no way to have the 2 different shops in the same back end.  Just like you have to have 2 different logins and back ends for your 2 different Etsy shops, the same is true for Pattern.

What you could do is copy (you have to do it manually) listings from one shop to the other and make them Pattern only listings. But then they aren't connected to the listings from the first shop, so you'd have to manually keep track of inventory.

View solution in original post

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanx!  Appreciate the info.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Re: Multiple Shops Linked to 1 Website

Jump to solution

I am rather confused by your question. You can list your website/websites in your about section but you cannot directly link your Etsy shop to your website.

0 Likes

Re: Multiple Shops Linked to 1 Website

Jump to solution

I'm sorry I wasn't as clear as I meant to be.  I should have said to an Etsy Pattern website so the items can be imported from both etsy shops into the 1 etsy pattern website.
I did edit the first message, hopefully to garner clarity to my question.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have two totally different Etsy shops and I have listed items from both shops with no problems.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I will clarify, listed items from both Etsy shops to Pattern shop. You have less restrictions of what you can list as long as it meets Etsy's basic guide lines. Items don't have to be 20 years old or hand made.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Vintagetimepast   I think the OP is asking how to link 2 Etsy shops to the same Pattern shop.  They are not asking if it is allowed but how to do it.  I don't use Pattern at all so I would have no idea how to even begin to do this.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'd say, read the handbook. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I did.  I did that first before coming here.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm pretty sure that pattern is too basic for that. I would start with the shop that has the most stuff to share with the pattern site. If you do find out, I'm seriously thinking that would be a great time saver. Pattern shares both the messages and checkout system, so probably not.

1 Like

Jump to solution

If I find out, I'll let you know.   It would be a wonderful way to incorporate all of one's listings.  I just can't seem to find the real answer in the handbook on selling on the correct way how, or if even allowed.

0 Likes
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yeah, my answer would be no due to the way Etsy uses domain names and the fact that they can't even link shops to one user login. It's not how it was designed in the beginning.

However, this would be a really good feature!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I doubt this is possible or ever will be possible.  Etsy is not about to give up a second fee of $15 per month to allow you to link two shops to one pattern site.  I think you have to have a second Pattern site for the second shop.

1 Like

Jump to solution

No, you can't do it.  Pattern uses the same back end as Etsy.  All of your orders and listings are part of all of your Etsy orders and listings, so there is no way to have the 2 different shops in the same back end.  Just like you have to have 2 different logins and back ends for your 2 different Etsy shops, the same is true for Pattern.

What you could do is copy (you have to do it manually) listings from one shop to the other and make them Pattern only listings. But then they aren't connected to the listings from the first shop, so you'd have to manually keep track of inventory.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanx!  Appreciate the info.

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I agree with what @funkydreamsmosaics says.  It's possible to have all the items in your pattern website, but it would be hard to track inventory for the 2nd shop, because those items wouldn't be associated with the shop.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.