TwoAntiqueGeeks
Inspiration Seeker

Missing tracking

Jump to solution

I add tracking to every order. I have missed the star seller badge repeatedly because I have “missing tracking”. When I look at the order it clearly has a tracking number. How can I get this issue resolved? 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing tracking

Jump to solution

Hello @TwoAntiqueGeeks,

We've double-checked the orders affecting your Star Seller, and we can confirm that the tracking number you've added can't also be tracked on the carrier's website. In cases like this, the number entered may not be the tracking number, or a slight error may have been made in entering the number. It is also possible that the wrong carrier may have been added or chosen. Please check the carrier and the tracking number match. If the carrier and tracking numbers do not match, this will count as an invalid tracking number. You can check our help center article explaining how to add or edit a tracking number.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Are you using Etsy labels?

0 Likes
TwoAntiqueGeeks
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

No, I ship through usps. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TwoAntiqueGeeks: Have you checked the applicable CSV file available on your Star Seller page to see exactly what Etsy thinks is "wrong" with the orders? If the shipper is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. Have the packages been scanned? Usually a day or two after the package has been scanned the CSV file correctly shows tracking and shipment status and the Star Seller stats auto update.

1 Like
TwoAntiqueGeeks
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes, all of the tracking is with the order but not showing on three orders in the CSV 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TwoAntiqueGeeks: Etsy mods have stated that orders may not show up in the CSV file correctly until after the scheduled ship by date.

You did not say if the packages have been scanned at least once. It appears that a tracking number that is never scanned will eventually change to shipped without tracking.

One of the Etsy mods has been able to check the underlying data - hopefully they will see your post and provide you with an update.

0 Likes
NiciLaskin
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I have many orders stuck in NO TRACKING - even though the tracking is posted on the order and its clearly tracking in the usps system

i use shippingeasy and never had an issue before , even when I do shipping through etsy it will generate the tracking but instead of sayong Pre -Transit or in tracking it will say No Tracking ... i asked support and all I receive is condescending cut and paste replies in how to ship

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @TwoAntiqueGeeks,

We've double-checked the orders affecting your Star Seller, and we can confirm that the tracking number you've added can't also be tracked on the carrier's website. In cases like this, the number entered may not be the tracking number, or a slight error may have been made in entering the number. It is also possible that the wrong carrier may have been added or chosen. Please check the carrier and the tracking number match. If the carrier and tracking numbers do not match, this will count as an invalid tracking number. You can check our help center article explaining how to add or edit a tracking number.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
ArtisticNihon
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Any update ? i have the same issues 

0 Likes
TowerRex
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hello. We've discovered over 300 orders marked as untrackable and with "Pre-transit" status (manual tracking for our orders, not labels, and shipping carrier is Ukrposhta (from Ukraine). However, subsequent checks through Ukrposhta and Aftership tracking revealed that these orders were indeed delivered within the Etsy estimated delivery timeframe. Understanding whether the issue lies with our
tracking procedures or if it's a technical glitch is crucial for us to
address it effectively. 

I will appreciate any help with this issue. Thank you.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.