Missed star seller due to apparently missing processing time

Jump to solution

I'm a bit confused, I have missed out on my star seller this month due to apparently missing a processing time deadline. However, I was well within processing and dispatch windows. Is there any way to contest this?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missed star seller due to apparently missing processing time

Jump to solution

Hello @Morriganswoodshop,

We've double-checked the order that has affected your Star Seller and it appears that it doesn't have a ship-by-date, which is why it was marked as no processing time. Please know that our engineering team is currently looking into this issue. I’ve added all of the I've gathered to their on-going investigation so they have more information to work with. At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please know that we prioritize issues based on the impact to our members.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Jump to solution

We've double-checked the order that has affected your Star Seller and it appears that it doesn't have a ship-by-date, which is why it was marked as no processing time. Please know that our engineering team is currently looking into this issue. I’ve added all of the information I've gathered to their on-going investigation so they have more details to work with. At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please know that we prioritize issues based on the impact to our members.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
26 Replies

Jump to solution

You have to have tracking numbers entered, or it counts against you

If you put a tracking number on, or amended it, after the dispatch by date, etsy changes the dispatch date to the date you added tracking

If you look at the csv, you will see which ones etsy has counted against you

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The tracking was there with no issues, it was dispatched the day after order.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Morriganswoodshop 

That's not what I mean,
it's only delivery notification, so if the first notification scanned, is past your ship date, it will be marked late

etsy wants tracking, not just delivery notification, for star seller

or buy labels on etsy

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The label was bought through etsy the day after the order was placed.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids

OP isn't talking about tracking.  She is saying "processing time" which we all know has to be on the listing before it can be published.  This is an Etsy glitch and needs to be addressed.

If we can't publish a listing w/o a processing date, where is it going after we publish it?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Morriganswoodshop: Are you saying the order is "missing processing time" or "shipped late"?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It says missing processing time, I'm not sure what that means, as I processed and shipped the order the day after it came in. My processing times allow up to 5 days.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

We've double-checked the order that has affected your Star Seller and it appears that it doesn't have a ship-by-date, which is why it was marked as no processing time. Please know that our engineering team is currently looking into this issue. I’ve added all of the information I've gathered to their on-going investigation so they have more details to work with. At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please know that we prioritize issues based on the impact to our members.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

There is a bug (I'm unaware if they've fixed it), where orders with processing times, are marked as missing processing times.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

The first scan on your tracked package has to occur within your processing time. Maybe that was the issue.

1 Like

Jump to solution

So by buying postage through etsy, I have missed out on the badge due to what I can only assume was the first actual scan being on delivery of the item, a day outside of my processing time.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy labels count. And they don't have to be a tracked service.

As i said above, it's a bug with processing time.

It's nothing you've done.

1 Like

Jump to solution

As Etsy won't even let us list without a processing time you think they would FIX this glitch. But  I would still not expect to get a SS correction. I have not seen them do that even when they were at fault. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

We've double-checked the order that has affected your Star Seller and it appears that it doesn't have a ship-by-date, which is why it was marked as no processing time. Please know that our engineering team is currently looking into this issue. I’ve added all of the I've gathered to their on-going investigation so they have more information to work with. At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please know that we prioritize issues based on the impact to our members.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
Litandcraftyltd
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hi my percentage for star seller has just dropped because of this exact reason and the item has been shipped and delivered please can you help rectify this 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@TonsOfPaper

We are unable to publish a listing if there is no processing time - how do you explain that?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It's still not fixed as of August 2023. I missed out on star seller for two months now, with a slew of orders marked No processing time, processed no differently that orders placed before and after that time period. Every time I miss star seller it's because of a problem on Etsy's side. This sucks.

6 Likes
KimbaSienaCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

We are having the same problem. Etsy told us it was a glitch. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Im also having this issue, missed star seller for the first time for September because of this. Ive opened a support ticket. The engineering team fixes issues depending on how many people have the issue so make sure you open a ticket to hopefully be fixed and then updated for the past orders!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Im also having this issue, missed star seller for the first time for September because of this. Ive opened a support ticket. The engineering team fixes issues depending on how many people have the issue so make sure you open a ticket to hopefully be fixed and then updated for the past orders!

1 Like

Jump to solution

I am also having the issue (although I didn't miss SS this month it may well happen next month). After multiple outreaches I continue to receive a we're aware of it and looking at it response. Another seller posted in another thread (can't recall which thread it was) that she was told they weren't going to bother fixing it. Now if that was actually said to her, I wonder if they could be looking at scrapping this program? I cannot imagine any other reason that they would not fix it.

And mine was looked at by several Etsy staff including tech and all confirmed there were processing times on all my orders. All where delivered on time and shipped on time. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Of course there were processing times on your orders (listings) - we can't publish a listing without them!

1 Like
AstannaJewelry
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

According to the Star Seller Shipping Badge report, I did not indicate the tracking number when I shipped the order but I indicated the tracking number, valid and clickable in the processing and dispatch timeframe. This affects my Star Seller Shipping to 94% and I'm confused. Is there a way to resolve this issue?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm also having this issue - the item in question was mailed immediately with Etsy postage label/ tracking.  I received the exact same message when I contacted Etsy.  I have sent numerous emails and keep getting the same information - engineering team is looking into it. I'm at risk of losing my star seller status because of Etsy's error, not mine. They have imposed this metric, I have done all the things and now, due to an error on their part, may get dinged right before the holiday season. Part of the Star Seller program is to push professionalism and accountability. I have tried to do this automatically because it is good business to do so and have bristled with the hoop-jumping and micromanaging of this program. It is ridiculous that Etsy can't extend this toward its customers - us. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.