WyldTerra
Inspiration Seeker

Messaging Glitch

I had a message about a custom order the other day. I responded not long after receiving it (at least I thought I had) but there was a glitch and my message never went through. I noticed this the next day and tried to send a message again. It went through the second time. And I haven't seemed to have issues since. But because this happened, it has hurt my response time stat for my star seller badge. Can this be reviewed so that I am still eligible for my star seller badge? And how can I prevent this from happening in the future? Is there something wrong with my messaging? Or should I use my desktop vs. the mobile app? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
5 Replies

Re: Messaging Glitch

Possible that the message was recognized by Etsy as a scam and automatically blocked it??  Just a possibility...abundant scams here right now.

0 Likes

Etsy has said they won't change the results.  Did you attempt to refresh?  Reboot?  Clean out cache and cookies?  Try a different browser?

The problem see may have been with your ISP.  Hiccups can happen especially if using WIFI. 

0 Likes

Go to the message and mark it as spam and your score might recalculate. 

0 Likes

This happened to me, as well.  The buyer messaged me about a large custom order.  I responded promptly via desktop and told her I would provide a proposal promptly, which I did.  For two days, I did not hear from her.  Then she wrote and asked when I was going to send it.  I said if she looked up the thread, it was there.  She was on her mobile and said it wasn't in her message thread, but I was looking at it.  I began to suspect that Etsy might have had two distinct messaging systems, one mobile and one desktop, and they cobbled them together poorly, and that there is not one cohesive messaging system that works equally well on both.  I wrote her back and she never responded and I lost the order.  They need to fix this.

0 Likes

@WyldTerra: "Or should I use my desktop vs. the mobile app? " There are lots of threads in this forum about issues with the app. The consensus is that a seller needs to check their shop for messages and orders at least daily via a browser (even your mobile browser) until these issues are resolved.

If the unanswered new thread is not a Help Request, at least for the time being, it appears that marking an unanswered message as SPAM (even after the 24 hour deadline has passed) will cause your reply percentage to change in a day or two if the original message was within the current star seller period (but not retroactively). Note that subsequent messages from that account may go directly to the SPAM folder.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.