Messages to client disappearing

Whenever I try to answer a convo to a client, message disappears when I hit send.

I've tried saved messages, I've tried typing from beginning.  Nothing.  Had to email.

Anyone else?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Messages to client disappearing

Is it an existing customer you're messaging? I've had the same thing, where I've messaged a repeat customer about a current order, but my messages are attaching to an old thread and not showing on the current order. It's making it impossible to keep track of what's going on. Once again, it appears that Etsy is testing and making a mess of things

0 Likes

Oh, maybe that’s it! Thank you 

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

0 Likes

Probably, although it certainly isn't making it easier to stay on top of messages. It makes no sense to have no messages displaying for a current order because they're all attaching to an old order 

0 Likes
TinaJewelryEs
Inspiration Seeker

My messages have also disappeared. This was the only thread in the correspondence; there is important data for me and the client. What's happening? So what should I do?

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@TinaJewelryEs this is an old thread. There appears to have been a bug with messages earlier today. Etsy were aware and said they were fixing it - so go and see if you can access your messages now. 

0 Likes

@maryfrancessmith: In response to the many complaints by sellers about having reply to multiple new threads, some time back Etsy changed the system so that all new Messages (except for Help Requests) are appended to a single default thread. This can be confusing when looking at Messages only through an order. Try going to the Messages page and searching for all Messages to and from that account.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.