Messages repeatedly ending up in spam folder

Hi. I've recently seen (genuine)customer messages end up in my spam folder. Even when I mark the message as 'not spam' and reply, the customer reply ends up back in the spam folder. On some occasions, I don't even receive email notifications, so I have to manually check every day.

I've noticed this also affects the star seller metrics, which is very disappointing. Also, the iOS Etsy Seller app does not have a feature to check the spam folder.Is anyone else coming across this issue?

Is anyone else coming across this issue?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes
22 Replies

Re: Messages repeatedly ending up in spam folder

Yes, recently I've had 3 messages from customers go into spam. I hope someone fixes this, it may cost me my Star Seller badge. I'll have to remember to check spam every day, like I don't have enough to do!

0 Likes
MetamorphicMini
Inspiration Seeker

Same thing is happening to me.

0 Likes
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

I had one I spotted last night that had gone to spam, and was a genuine message, I replied and marked it as not spam, and so far it has stayed in my inbox, but I will keep an eye on it in case they reply and it ends up back in spam. I have made it a point to check my spam folder daily since I saw the first report on the forum of this happening.

0 Likes

Yep, just happened to me. Was a previous customer (so message had history going back some time) sending a new message. Just noticed it in spam now.

0 Likes

Yes, this in an ongoing issue.

Same thing happened to me.  I unmarked it as spam, replied and the response back went to spam again.

0 Likes

Many sellers are in the same situation. Hopefully, this will be fixed

1 Like

Same thing has happened to me for my last four customers...I hit unmark as spam, and their next reply is back in the spam folder again. The first time I missed it and lost a $1000 sale as a result. Incredibly frustrating.

1 Like

Yep - we had multiple messages from new and returning customers end up in Spam - the best yet, is because I did not respond (I did not see them in the spam folder, since the seller app does NOT allow you to see spam folder) - it dinged us as a missed response and took away our star seller status - customer support said it shouldn't have but "can not adjust star seller status, just wait until the next analysis window".

1 Like

This is happening in both my active shops. I've lost the opportunity to sell to these customers. Some are new messages, some are ongoing where I've already responded once to the customer. And these customers probably think I'm just blowing them off! Etsy needs to send out a mass message to all users that this is happening.

0 Likes

This thread is 3 days old, but I don't see any response from Etsy. Does anyone from Etsy ever read these? How do we report this to Etsy, to make them aware it's happening? I went through the 'help' process but just come to a dead end.

1 Like

I would hope Etsy would have noticed this, as there have been many threads about this same issue.

0 Likes

I reached out and did get a confirmation from the engineering department that they are aware of this and are working towards a fix.

0 Likes

Same here, at least 10 messages in spam and some of them a week old as I use the iOS app a lot. Probably cost me a few thousand in lost sales. I'm looking every day now on PC and found another in spam this morning. Currently paying Etsy daily advertising fees for this. Great. Not.

0 Likes
GrowinkidsLLC
Inspiration Seeker

Yes, I also had a guest message sent to my spam folder today. Without email notifications, I'm afraid I'll miss something in the future when real customers text me.

0 Likes

Just reported to Etsy my customer message in spam.

Please keep reporting these to Etsy so they are aware of the scope of the problem!!

0 Likes

They’ve been aware of it since March, yet nothing has been done. Kind of an important thing to fix, wouldn’t you think?!

4 Likes

Same thing is happening to me. I had 4 messages go to Spam over the last 3 days.

1 Like
TwistStationery
Inspiration Seeker

Happing here too folks, you're not alone, we're one of the biggest Etsy sellers globally and we're getting quite a few in spam daily. I will reach out to our Etsy Concierge Support contact on everyone's behalf to raise this issue. They are normally pretty good at raising/fixing problems as they occur, I'll report back if I hear anything. George at Twist 

4 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Thank you for doing this. Etsy certainly hasn’t taken the issue seriously even though we’ve been contacting them about it for weeks!

0 Likes

As a seller some of my messages are coming in under the spam, what about as a shopper? If I send a potential customer a message back, does it go into their spam folder?

0 Likes

Me, too!! 8 in total! Hope this is fixed soon!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.